Week Three Game Day Thread: Green Bay Packers at New Orleans Taints

MacReady

Sunday, September 27th at 7:20 PM CST. 

The Packers are undefeated going up against the 1-1 Saints. 

My predictions this week:

Darnell Savage gets an interception.
AJ Dillon gets unleashed earlier and has 50 yards rushing.
Deguara has a catch on a fullback screen.
Dean Lowry continues to suck.
MVS has zero drops

My predictions last week:

Rashan Gary - 1 sack (had 1.5 sacks)
Preston Smith - 1 sack (can't get sacks when you're dropping back)
Z. Smith - 2 sacks (only 1 sack)
MVS - 115 yards receiving (64 receiving yards)

Rodgers - 237 yards, 4 TDs (Ohhhh, I was so close.  He had 240 yards passing, but only 2 touchdowns)
Running backs - 200 yards rushing (248 yards rushing)

Packers are 6th in the PFT power rankings. 

They need to be higher.  Only teams who should rank higher than the Packers right now are the Chiefs and Ravens.

My Current Power Ranking (Based on a team's likelihood to win the Super Bowl this year):

1. Ravens (Best defense, best offense, best QB cap hit)
2. Chiefs (Would be higher, but repeating is something only one team has done this century)
3. Patriots (Younger, cheaper QB, same elite defense)
4. Packers (Defense has to change its mentality.  That's it)
5. Saints (The only thing they have to worry about is Brees choking in the postseason again)
6. Titans (Tannehill and that defense keep it up and they've got a shot)
7. Bills (That defense is going to stay legit I think, and if Allen turns into 2019 Tannehill they've got a legit shot)
8. Steelers (would be higher if they had recent postseason experience)

Brees has basically turned into chad pennington at this point, which plays into our defense nicely, imo. & even then he wasn't particularly accurate in the last game. Doubt they will be trying to hit many deep shots, so Manny Sanders' best trick is neutered. If Michael Thomas is out, I like our chances keeping them under 20.

Their secondary is talented, but they're also grabby. Not sure what happened to Malcolm Jenkins but he looked rough on Monday night,

3 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Only teams who should rank higher than the Packers right now are the Chiefs and Ravens.

My Current Power Ranking (Based on a team's likelihood to win the Super Bowl this year):

1. Ravens (Best defense, best offense, best QB cap hit)
2. Chiefs (Would be higher, but repeating is something only one team has done this century)
3. Patriots (Younger, cheaper QB, same elite defense)
4. Packers (Defense has to change its mentality.  That's it)

• Like 1

Im interested to see what happens if NO comes out and runs the ball a ton. If they can keep moving the sticks they keep the offense off the field while tiring the defense. This team has to stop the run this week; and those short passes cause Brees can't get the ball more then 15yards with any kind of zip.

I'll never feel good about playing the Saints.

In this game, they are coming off of a pretty bad loss to the Raiders.  They are at home, for whatever that is worth this year.

They are clearly a step up in competition from the Vikings and Lions.  We better bring our big boy pants this game.