Week Three Game Day Thread: Green Bay Packers at New Orleans Taints

MacReady

Thought it was interesting that during Rodgers' Wednesday presser, when talking about guys stepping up in case Adams doesn't play, he was talking about the TEs and mentioned Tonyan, Big Dog and hoping to get Deguara back.

Literally the only guy he didn't mention was Sternberger. Lol.

2 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Thought it was interesting that during Rodgers' Wednesday presser, when talking about guys stepping up in case Adams doesn't play, he was talking about the TEs and mentioned Tonyan, Big Dog and hoping to get Deguara back.

Literally the only guy he didn't mention was Sternberger. Lol.

Jace?  Meet doghouse.  Doghouse?  Meet Jace.  You two are going to be spending some time together.

• Like 1

If Packers and Saints are both missing their best WR then it's about even...

I feel like Rodgers and Lazard might have more that they haven't been able to get out yet...

Of course this will be the first time the Packers aren't facing a starting rookie CB.

But we might need all TEs on deck, with no Adams or St. Brown... of course this could also possibly mean more Ervin.

Ervin and St. Brown on the field at the same time, Saints know one or both will go deep, but which one... make the Safeties guess and if they hold both Safeties back then run the ball.

8 hours ago, spilltray said:

Did you watch either of the Saints games?

They aren't going to stay on the ground. They still think Brees is the man and will give him plenty of air time. Also their D is ok, but I don't see them slowing down Rodgers. His ball placement has been as good as it's been since he made the NFL look silly. 

I'm not saying the Saints can't win, but if they do, it's going to be a shoot out.

They know our run defense stinks and that the way to beat us is on the ground. Plus, consider who we've played; a pair of now 0-2 teams...

5 hours ago, dwaye50327 said:

Think this is going to be a tough game, I'm still not convinced about how good the Packers may be. I mean, how bad are the Vikings and Lions, both teams look like they could be fighting over a top 5 draft pick. Not having a crowd in NO is huge for the Packers.

I think N.O. comes out and tests the waters with their run game, if its successful early, I think they stick with it heavily. I'm still not convince with Lazard or MVS either, they need a lot more consistency to be considered threats in this offense.

With all that negativity, I do think GB squeezes one out in the end thanks to Crosby.

GB- 27

NO-26

If we win, this will probably be the score...

26 minutes ago, Down to Earth said:

If Adams is out, does Foster see the field or do we roll with the others?

19 minutes ago, Mr. Fussnputz said:

My guess is Begelton.

I would think Ervin, Taylor and the TEs would get first shots over the PS guys.

• Like 2