Week Three Game Day Thread: Green Bay Packers at New Orleans Taints

MacReady

Just now, beekay414 said:

How do we hang on to these lame duck friggin' coaches all the damn time? Are we tightwads with money owed cuz there's no other reason to keep these jackasses around. How we didn't leave Pettine in San Francisco is beyond me. Player personnel is one thing but this franchise is piss poor when it comes to holding coaches accountable.

Found the outpost dupe

Andy Herman -  While Green Bay does a decent job at making teams work for points, I’m struggling to find exactly what it is they do well through 2.5 games. Not getting pressure at the same rate as last year, turnovers aren’t coming in bunches, run defense is bad, pass D is leaky.

Ryan Wood -  Alvin Kamara in first half: 4 carries, 56 yards (14!!-yard average); 7 catches, 61 yards, TD. 11 touches. 117 yards. So, about as dominant as you'd expect.

2 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

How do we hang on to these lame duck friggin' coaches all the damn time? Are we tightwads with money owed cuz there's no other reason to keep these jackasses around. How we didn't leave Pettine in San Francisco is beyond me. Player personnel is one thing but this franchise is piss poor when it comes to holding coaches accountable.

What sucks is I really thought MLF was gonna make the change. He wasn't the one who hired Pettine so there was no loyalty there. Dude's publicly called the defense out the last 2 weeks so he probably already regrets his decision

It's as simple as this...

Either Gute and Thompson are the worst at evaluating defensive back talent in the world, or Pettine sucks.

You have to decide who sucks. 

Adrian Amos, Darnell Savage, Kevin King, Josh Jackson, Jaire Alexander, Z. Smith, P. Smith, Rashan Gary.

How many defenses have that many first or second round defenders or major free agent additions that still suck? 

And don't tell me Kenny Clark is hurt.  You're telling me your defensive coordinator can't overcome losing one defensive player?