Week Three Game Day Thread: Green Bay Packers at New Orleans Taints

MacReady

2 hours ago, Beast said:

I would think Ervin, Taylor and the TEs would get first shots over the PS guys.

Agreed, but I expect to see more underneath stuff to Ervin and Jones, but mainly Ervin due to some of the issues NO is having along their DL. I think our OL is athletic enough to take advantage and create tons of lanes and passing windows for short, easy completions. I doubt we'll be passing all too much without Davante...

Edited by Joe

4 hours ago, packfanfb said:

Thought it was interesting that during Rodgers' Wednesday presser, when talking about guys stepping up in case Adams doesn't play, he was talking about the TEs and mentioned Tonyan, Big Dog and hoping to get Deguara back.

Literally the only guy he didn't mention was Sternberger. Lol.

Looks like we have another 3rd round F-up....hopefully Gutey is following his drafting history of this team. We haven't had a successful 3rd round pick since Morgan Burnett...Fackrell's a distant second...

The landscape for MVS is different when he's the #1 WR, versus when the pass defense is pre-occupied with Adams.  The outside/downfield passing game might have a very different look with good corner(s) and without Adams.  

But every matchup is different, and every defense takes away different things and allows different things.  

Could be a fascinating matchup.  

Bummer that Deguara was a no-go today.  Can't imagine he'll play much, or factor much even if he does.  

Given the shots that Ervin and MVS took on Sunday, though, pretty glad to have both be fine.  Likewise after all of the o-line injuries, pretty awesome to have none of Wagner, Turner, Patrick, or Linsley factoring on the injury list.  

I'd be stunned if Clark played this quickly.  But super promising that he participated at all; certainly affirmed that he should be fine post-bye at least, if not sooner.  

13 hours ago, Joe said:

Looks like we have another 3rd round F-up....hopefully Gutey is following his drafting history of this team. We haven't had a successful 3rd round pick since Morgan Burnett...Fackrell's a distant second...

I wouldn't give up on Sternberger yet, he's already shown more flashes of potential than a number of other, 3rd round picks and TEs is one of the positions that it normally takes longer to develop into, and he had Covid-19, which may or may not have screwed him up.

As I believe some like Von Miller said while he tested negative after having it, it still took months to fully get back to truely 100%.

So yeah, he might bust, but I think it's a year too early... he's done more than Burks and Adams (even though that is an extremely low bar).

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Mr. Fussnputz said:

I  meant to take the roster spot. I think there is one open.

There are two spots on the 53 roster open and I get that teams don't behave to rush to fill them because they can elevate two PS players per week, but come on, fill them already.

I'm sorta wondering if they might be holding onto one for ILB Martin coming back but there is still a second one.

Also I'm projecting TE Lovett because that's whom they have elevated from the PS both weeks, and then elevate a War if you need them that week.

32 minutes ago, Beast said:

I wouldn't give up on Sternberger yet, he's already shown more flashes of potential than a number of other, 3rd round picks and TEs is one of the positions that it normally takes longer to develop into, and he had Covid-19, which may or may not have screwed him up.

As I believe some like Von Miller said while he tested negative after having it, it still took months to fully get back to truely 100%.

So yeah, he might bust, but I think it's a year too early... he's done more than Burks and Adams (even though that is an extremely low bar).

Jace is the kind of guy that could give Malcolm Jenkins some fits.  He's not Waller, few are, but he's the closest thing we've got that is healthy right now.

You are 100% correct about TE's needing time.  Too early to tell on Jace.  But seriously Jace, hang onto the freakin' ball.

If we are without Adams, we will need every skill guy to step his game up in order to threaten the Saints.  Including MLF and Rodgers.

I'd really like to see Tyler Ervin involved a lot more. Especially if Adams doesn't play, seems like Aaron Jones is going to be the guy NO keys on. Don't feel like we have the receivers that can be game changers but the way they can use Ervin in different ways, it feels like he could be that guy to keep this offense going.

• Like 1