Week Three Game Day Thread: Green Bay Packers at New Orleans Taints

MacReady

Honestly kinda bummed they’ll be without Thomas.  Have to test this defense as much as possible in the regular season if we want it to be worth a damn in the postseason.

This could very easily be a wild card or divisional round rematch.  Want them at their best now when it matters less.  Would also sit Clark and Adams if they’re even a toss up.  

10 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Honestly kinda bummed they’ll be without Thomas.  Have to test this defense as much as possible in the regular season if we want it to be worth a damn in the postseason.

This could very easily be a wild card or divisional round rematch.  Want them at their best now when it matters less.  Would also sit Clark and Adams if they’re even a toss up.  

No, you want them at Lambeau when it matters most. Doesn't matter how you get there. I'd rather half of their team be out for this game. In January, when we go back to NO, there might be 70,000 screaming fans. Good luck then. It's only week 3, but this game could follow the same track as the SF matchup last year. Either beat them in New Orleans now or get ready to go back there in the playoffs. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

No, you want them at Lambeau when it matters most. Doesn't matter how you get there. I'd rather half of their team be out for this game. In January, when we go back to NO, there might be 70,000 screaming fans. Good luck then. It's only week 3, but this game could follow the same track as the SF matchup last year. Either beat them in New Orleans now or get ready to go back there in the playoffs. 

Honestly I good with either or. Brees will be broken down as his normal season arch by then.

Wasnt afraid of them last year... not this year. There is a certain type of team that is dangerous toward GB and that’s SF, BAL and TEN.

12 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

Why would we be wanting to send a big FU to Hill?  What did he do to GB fans other than get cut?  I'm on board with sending FU's to Payton any time, but those would have nothing to do with Hill.

These were my thoughts as well....Why say FU to a guy you cut and perhaps shouldn't have?....He's fun to watch play and appears fearless...

3 hours ago, packfanfb said:

Over/under how many times Pettine drops Preston into coverage on Kamara tomorrow night?

I've been thinking we've been dropping Preston to set up the surprise blitz with him, and if so, against Brees might be a good time to finally set it off. That or the Bucs game. 

And Preston has a knack for hitting the ball in the QBs hand, so I'm hoping for a sack fumble, though Bree is also one of the hardest to get.

Interesting stat that was posted in the main forum: 

The Saints gained 7.4 yards per play compared to just 4.9 yards per play for the Raiders. The Saints had a 60% success rate while the Raiders were at 47%. Each team had two turnovers, with the Saints' one interception balancing out two Raiders fumbles (one recovered by each team). There were a lot of penalties on the Saints though. They took 10 penalties for 129 yards. The Raiders took only 3 penalties for 13 yards.

I have to agree, when I hear the post game reactions it has been all about how bad the Taints offence has been, what I watched gelled more with the statement above than the reaction. 

Hoping for the best tonight, expecting the worse.