Week Three Game Day Thread: Green Bay Packers at New Orleans Taints

MacReady

2 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

Can we talk about how many calls went our way?

We could... but we could also talk about how they were right to go our way as Saints are killing themselves with penalties...

The announcer said the Saints WR shouldn't of been PI because he was within one yard line,,, but he was also holding, and they never talked about that.

Talked about how Big Dog might of pushed off, but didn't talk about how the DB was holding on the route before the push off...

And I swear someone on the Saints left side of the OL, I think the LG kept moving or adjusting pre-snap... and they never called it... they did call the LT... but that was over the top clear. 

Just now, skibrett15 said:

I thought there were about a dozen questionable calls, not the least of which was the extremely uncatchable ball to ervin which drew a PI.

I agree that should not have been DPI, but it is also not license to get a free shot on a player just because the ball is "uncatchable".   You could call it roughness for hitting a defenseless WR

3 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

I thought there were about a dozen questionable calls, not the least of which was the extremely uncatchable ball to ervin which drew a PI.

I honestly think it evened out pretty well.  The left side of the Saints line jumped early probably once per drive.  The refs were just bad tonight.  

1 minute ago, {Family Ghost} said:

We got our share of breaks tonight, but oh well .. so be it ;)

yeah i mean, at least acknowledge it.  Then you can have some sort of moral high ground when you're complaining about an awful call.

And there's no better feeling than the moral high ground after something terrible happens, right?

1 minute ago, skibrett15 said:

yeah i mean, at least acknowledge it.  Then you can have some sort of moral high ground when you're complaining about an awful call.

And there's no better feeling than the moral high ground after something terrible happens, right?

I for one am glad there seems to be less penalties overall this year.  Especially offensive holding penalties.