Week Three Game Day Thread: Green Bay Packers at New Orleans Taints

MacReady

2 minutes ago, Rodjahs12 said:

Even moderate progression from Adams and Keke as the season goes on is enough to put this front 7 over the top. Defense has far less questions if those two can build on some of their better moments today 

If kirksey is out, this defense has quetions at S and ILB from a coverage and tackling perspective.  Run defense and YAC plays have been the biggest problem for this defense since the SF massacre, and nothing has answered those questions in any way shape or form yet.

3 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

If kirksey is out, this defense has quetions at S and ILB from a coverage and tackling perspective.  Run defense and YAC plays have been the biggest problem for this defense since the SF massacre, and nothing has answered those questions in any way shape or form yet.

Losing Kirksey isn’t ideal but between Summers and Burks, I like our chances there of holding up a lot better than I have in previous years. 

If Adams can start looking like the kind of player we thought he was when we essentially handed him a starting role and Keke can translate his strong camps to on field success, this run defense should look a lot better sooner rather than later.

Edited by Rodjahs12

27 minutes ago, Rodjahs12 said:

Losing Kirksey isn’t ideal but between Summers and Burks, I like our chances there of holding up a lot better than I have in previous years. 

If Adams can start looking like the kind of player we thought he was when we essentially handed him a starting role and Keke can translate his strong camps to on field success, this run defense should look a lot better sooner rather than later.

Huh? What has Burks ever done on defense? I think you'll have much better luck looking for answers in Martin and Barnes, though the Packers could still use a coverage LB or two...

And it seems a little late for Adams, he played hard, but not nessarily smart, and sometimes his hard work puts him right where the OL wants him

Edited by Beast

1 minute ago, Beast said:

Huh? What has Burks ever done on defense? I think you'll have much better luck looking for answers in Martin and Barnes, though the Packers could still use a coverage LB or two...

As a pure coverage linebacker I don’t have a problem with him. That tackle on kamara tonight in the open field when he was single up on him shows me he can at least play on obvious passing downs.

Summers and Barnes(keep forgetting he even exists tbh) look like real finds there. Could be sneaky deep this year compared to paper thin in past years. 

2 minutes ago, deltarich87 said:

I'd like to hope he returns next week. Practiced this week so he's close

If he is ready, he is ready.  However, it wouldn't surprise me at all if they kept him out until after the bye.  Let him completely rest up and come back at 100%.  Kenny helps the most against the run.  The Falcons have demonstrated that they cannot, and will not run the ball.  They have also demonstrated that they suck.  So if we can beat the Saints without Kenny, we should be able to handle the Falcons.  

• Like 2

6 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

If he is ready, he is ready.  However, it wouldn't surprise me at all if they kept him out until after the bye.  Let him completely rest up and come back at 100%.  Kenny helps the most against the run.  The Falcons have demonstrated that they cannot, and will not run the ball.  They have also demonstrated that they suck.  So if we can beat the Saints without Kenny, we should be able to handle the Falcons.  

Agreed

i think that's likely to happen, and i think it's a good idea to take advantage of the early bye because we'll need kenny clark for this run to the ship 

wanna see us maybe sign snacks harrison, i read that we have some interest in him. especially since kirksey might be out for a while with the shoulder injury. i thought the reserve linebackers, ty summers, krys barnes, they looked ok. but the run defense is still an issue, i thought the saints should have stuck with the run against us 

7 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Same thing with Adams....Why rush either one back for the lowly Falcons?...

8 hours ago, Arthur Penske said:

He’s going to be expensive one day

Let's keep playing him 10 yards off though, same with King. Especially with a QB that can't throw the ball 15 yards downfield. #Pettinelogic

Jaire is an all pro if he can ever learn how to catch a damn football. We had a 44-27 win last night if he could.