Week Three Game Day Thread: Green Bay Packers at New Orleans Taints

MacReady

10 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

DO YOU THINK WE WOULD HAVE WON IF I WASN'T NEGATIVE?

THE AUDACITY!

I AM THE SINGLE MOST IMPORTANT ELEMENT TO THE SUCCESS OF THE GREEN BAY PACKERS WITH MY KNOWLEDGE OF THE COSMOS AND HOW GDTs WORK.

DO NOT QUESTION ME. 

I'm scared that everyone's going to act like we're going up pound the Failcons and we're going to get **** on. You have to be doubly negative to offset that. Good luck.

10 hours ago, Rodjahs12 said:

Fully on the LaFleur train at this point. Going into New Orleans and out coaching Payton is no small task with or without a crowd  

Right on.

This win is on our coach.  Let's face it, we didn't have any receiving threats out there.  We had one threat in Jones.  MLF used multiple looks, ran it just enough and really made hay with the bootlegs.  Our QB bought into it, never forced anything and we came away with a win.

Look.  I'm thrilled for Lazard, I am.  But he's no real threat.  He became one because of what MLF did on offense.  I am a Tonyan fan.  But he's no threat.  But in that scheme, he became one.

Just a really satisfying victory, and one the coach should be super proud of.

9 hours ago, Beast said:

Huh? What has Burks ever done on defense? I think you'll have much better luck looking for answers in Martin and Barnes, though the Packers could still use a coverage LB or two...

And it seems a little late for Adams, he played hard, but not nessarily smart, and sometimes his hard work puts him right where the OL wants him

9 hours ago, Rodjahs12 said:

As a pure coverage linebacker I don’t have a problem with him. That tackle on kamara tonight in the open field when he was single up on him shows me he can at least play on obvious passing downs.

Summers and Barnes(keep forgetting he even exists tbh) look like real finds there. Could be sneaky deep this year compared to paper thin in past years. 

Burks impressed me as a coverage linebacker.  I saw him get rocked on running plays at him when he was flat footed.  But man, when that guy can run he really pops.  I'm starting to feel like there's nothing he can't do that are asking Redmond to do.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:

Let's keep playing him 10 yards off though, same with King. Especially with a QB that can't throw the ball 15 yards downfield. #Pettinelogic

Jaire is an all pro if he can ever learn how to catch a damn football. We had a 44-27 win last night if he could.

Obviously you want the INT and that was a catchable ball, but that wasn't an easy one and I'll take the Pass defensed. He made a good play when he had an opportunity to make a great one.

20 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Burks impressed me as a coverage linebacker.  I saw him get rocked on running plays at him when he was flat footed.  But man, when that guy can run he really pops.  I'm starting to feel like there's nothing he can't do that are asking Redmond to do.  

Speaking of Redmond, any idea where Greene was or why we weren't using Greene instead of Redmond?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Beast said:

Speaking of Redmond, any idea where Greene was or why we weren't using Greene instead of Redmond?

I would guess that they prefer to use Redmond as a coverage player and Greene as a small linebacker.  Despite both being listed as safeties, they are different players.  Think of Redmond more like when Tramon Williams was trying to play safety.  He did the coverage parts with no problems, but when he had to make a hit or try to eat a block, you are reminded that he is a true corner.  Greene is more of the classic SS, think Atari Bigby.  He is the tackler and hitter.  But I'm willing to bet that if he was exposed to a lot of coverage, people would be criticizing Greene just as they are Redmond right now.  When we play a team like the Saints, or Lions, who throw all the time, expect to see Redmond out there more than Greene.  When we play a team like SF, Greene is probably going to get more play.

2 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Because the Falcons have the potential to put up 60 on us.

This … GB medical staff has to be the most conservative in the NFL.  If both are ready to go without "problems", it's time to play.  Can't afford ANY letdown after this great 3-0 start.

42 minutes ago, Beast said:

No clue.

I'll offer a guess about Redmond.  He was in position all night.  Just can't finish.  I have this suspicion that he's a great guy to install a defensive plan with.  He understands what his job is.  And it leads to a false sense of security with him.  Because he doesn't finish.

Just, that is just my opinion after watching him.  I really have no idea why Redmond over Greene or really anyone else off of the street.

• Like 2