Week 3 Games

Leader

1 minute ago, HighCalebR said:

I would've traded a 3rd for Calais.

I probably would have too, but I know I'm biased on that one, as I was hoping for Daniels and Campbell long before I knew who Kenny Clark was... 

But Campbell and Clark together? 

9 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

I have to think the Pack will need to figure something out on the defensive side just to get out of the NFC.  I'll have plenty of time to worry about who's coming out of the AFC after winning the NFCC

Seems likely enough that it's either going to be BAL or KC coming out of the AFC.  Don't think GB matches up especially well with either, but at some point winning a SB should be about beating the best teams.

Have faith grasshopper...The football gods have weakened last yrs. NFCC's team, by allowing injuries upon them in order to pave a softer path for thy Packers.... 

20 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

I have to think the Pack will need to figure something out on the defensive side just to get out of the NFC.  I'll have plenty of time to worry about who's coming out of the AFC after winning the NFCC

Seems likely enough that it's either going to be BAL or KC coming out of the AFC.  Don't think GB matches up especially well with either, but at some point winning a SB should be about beating the best teams.

I disagree... Green Bay matches up well with KC. We saw that last year.

This defense is made to play the pass. Inviting Reid and Mahomes to pass... as stupid as it sounds... actually plays into how GB wants to play.

It would be a shootout but in a shootout GB has a chance. Against teams like the Ravens and 49ers... they seemingly don’t because they can’t get off the field.

5 minutes ago, Green19 said:

This defense is made to play the pass. Inviting Reid and Mahomes to pass... as stupid as it sounds... actually plays into how GB wants to play.

It would be a shootout but in a shootout GB has a chance. Against teams like the Ravens and 49ers... they seemingly don’t because they can’t get off the field.

Using last years game vs KC as proof that we match up well with them seems... silly.  That would be like a team saying they match up well with BAL when Jackson wasn't playing,

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Green19 said:

You mean when the Chiefs almost beat the Packers with their backup QB and a number of backup OL and DL being forced to start due to injury?

That game sure did NOT prove the Packers could hang with Chiefs starters as we struggled with a number of starters were out...

1 minute ago, Mazrimiv said:

Using last years game vs KC as proof that we match up well with them seems... silly.  That would be like a team saying they match up well with BAL when Jackson wasn't playing,

Yeah but it’s not like Matt Moore didn’t carve up GB. Which is my point...

Chiefs are an explosive offense. They will give Rodgers bites at the apple. And if you are asking me if Rodgers and Mahomes each get 7-8 possessions. I trust Rodgers more.

Against Ravens I feel like it would be the NFCC game. Green Bay can’t get off the field on defense. KC’s offense doesn’t want to play time of possession... Ravens do.

2 minutes ago, Beast said:

You mean when the Chiefs almost beat the Packers with their backup QB and a number of backup OL and DL being forced to start due to injury?

That game sure did NOT prove the Packers could hang with Chiefs starters as we struggled with a number of starters were out...

Yeah... how much more can Mahomes add? If Green Bay was giving up points every possession already.

Style points? It will look more pretty?

My point is against KC... GB has a better shot. That’s compared to BAL.

1 minute ago, Mazrimiv said:

If the question is whether I think GB matches up better with BAL or KC, then I can agree that BAL seems worse.  That is not the same as saying I think GB matches up well with KC.  I do not think they do... at all.

Why?

Its a matchup league. GB is built to play passing offenses...look at the defense. They have pass rushers and CBs.

I find it interesting why GB isn’t a good matchup for KC. GB and SEA are the only two teams that can roll out a QB like KC. SEA can’t matchup though because they have no rushers.

3 minutes ago, Green19 said:

Yeah... how much more can Mahomes add? If Green Bay was giving up points every possession already.

Style points? It will look more pretty?

My point is against KC... GB has a better shot. That’s compared to BAL.

I am not sure which game you are remembering, but the KC offense did not carve up GB with Moore at QB.  They scored 24 points, and had 267 yards passing.