2020: Week 3 - @ Indianapolis Colts

Bianconero

Haven't spoken much about this but I think the main problems this year with the offense are:

1) Gase's schemes rely heavily on WR talent in terms of YAC, blocking, and reading the defense. Our WRs are not good right now largely due to injury but also just weren't deep to begin with. 

2) Gase seems to have no idea how to run things differently to account for skill inefficiencies. While he runs plays that are typically easier to execute, they don't give the players we have a very good chance for success because...well because they're not very good. I see what he's trying to do, and a lot of the issue IS execution like he's saying in press conferences, but he's gotta realize that these players aren't going to execute as well as they need. The Josh Adams failed ,4th down attempt was a perfect example. That hole is there if Van Roten makes the block, but he didn't and it wasn't really an easy block to make against Fred Warner who is terrific.

I think if Gase has the players he could get this offense really humming. But he doesn't, and if it keeps going this way he doesn't deserve the chance to show that. Good coaches can do figure out ways to get by with lesser talent. He needs to start doing that. Unfortunately I don't think it happens vs the Colts this week.

Colts 20 Jets 16.

Edited by Sandwhich2
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Sandwhich2 said:

Haven't spoken much about this but I think the main problems this year with the offense are:

1) Gase's schemes rely heavily on WR talent in terms of YAC, blocking, and reading the defense. Our WRs are not good right now largely due to injury but also just weren't deep to begin with. 

2) Gase seems to have no idea how to run things differently to account for skill inefficiencies. While he runs plays that are typically easier to execute, they don't give the players we have a very good chance for success because...well because they're not very good. I see what he's trying to do, and a lot of the issue IS execution like he's saying in press conferences, but he's gotta realize that these players aren't going to execute as well as they need. The Josh Adams failed ,4th down attempt was a perfect example. That hole is there if Van Roten makes the block, but he didn't and it wasn't really an easy block to make against Fred Warner who is terrific.

I think if Gase has the players he could get this offense really humming. But he doesn't, and if it keeps going this way he doesn't deserve the chance to show that. Good coaches can do figure out ways to get by with lesser talent. He needs to start doing that. Unfortunately I don't think it happens vs the Colts this week.

Colts 20 Jets 16.

It's a good point. Chris Hogan, Josh Malone and Braxton Berrios are never going to execute like Demaryius Thomas, Eric Decker, and Wes Welker. If Gase is waiting for that to happen... he's going to wait out his entire tenure here.

So I been trying to get my sons birthday weekend together and been off the radar but where the hell did our little bit of talent go? There’s like no way we score any points this weekend is it? Anyway they will not ruin my weekend, my son is turning 3 and that’s where my joy will be. Have a good weekend fellas. I’ll peek into the thread when I can. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, xrade said:

Wish him a Happy Birthday!  Please do not let him grow up to be a Jet fan.  That would be a gift that keeps giving. 

Too late for me. Both my boys 5 and 7 are both Jet fans. I live in Maine and when they wear a Jet shirt the kids at school are shocked. LOL This was the same for me 37 years ago when I became a Jet fan. 

1 hour ago, jetfuel34 said:

Too late for me. Both my boys 5 and 7 are both Jet fans. I live in Maine and when they wear a Jet shirt the kids at school are shocked. LOL This was the same for me 37 years ago when I became a Jet fan. 

When my oldest daughter started to watch football with me about 10 years ago, I warned her.  I told her be a Giants fan.  Any other team but the Jets or Pats.  Predictably, she did not listen and is now a miserable Jet fan like the rest of us.