2020: Week 3 - @ Indianapolis Colts

Bianconero

2 hours ago, KBS756 said:

... why haven’t we brought dermariyus in off the street ... even old and somewhat injured he should be better than what we’re fielding

No reason not to have brought in guys like Thomas, Dez, J. Matthews, Cody Latimer, JJ Nelson and Paul Richardson for work outs to see if we get some bodies out there. I don't care if they are older or or have regressed. We need poeple that at least have the concept of running an NFL route. Going into this game with a banged up Hogan(limited - Ribs), a questionable Berrios(Hammy) and Josh Malone and nothing else is about as mismanaged it gets.

This offense is going to need to run 2-3 TE sets all game. The lone bright spot is that this may finally force Gase to utilize Herndon(and Griffen as weapons') though with Fant AND McGovern both out he will probably still just keep them both in to pass block and send just two Wrs out all game.

• Like 1

It still is baffling to me that we haven’t brought in Demaryius Thomas. I mean he knows the playbook and is certainly better than guys like Hogan and Malone.

I know he’s not a long term solution..... but neither are the guys playing now. And as we should all know... grooming Darnold should be the main key. And it’s nearly impossible to do that with what he has around him. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, drew39k said:

No reason not to have brought in guys like Thomas, Dez, J. Matthews, Cody Latimer, JJ Nelson and Paul Richardson for work outs to see if we get some bodies out there. I don't care if they are older or or have regressed. We need poeple that at least have the concept of running an NFL route. Going into this game with a banged up Hogan(limited - Ribs), a questionable Berrios(Hammy) and Josh Malone and nothing else is about as mismanaged it gets.

This offense is going to need to run 2-3 TE sets all game. The lone bright spot is that this may finally force Gase to utilize Herndon(and Griffen as weapons') though with Fant AND McGovern both out he will probably still just keep them both in to pass block and send just two Wrs out all game.

He used two TEs against SF and used them to block.  It's a joke.  No reason that's gonna change this week 

2 hours ago, rickyt31 said:

Cager!

I have a feeling all the Cager hype guys are going to be disappointed today. I think Gase doesn’t play him that much and rolls pretty much with 2 TEs (bc Edoga is going to need help). And really only use Hogan, Berrios and Malone.

Not saying I agree with it. It’s just what I think. That Cager doesn’t even get many snaps. 

13 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I have a feeling all the Cager hype guys are going to be disappointed today. I think Gase doesn’t play him that much and rolls pretty much with 2 TEs (bc Edoga is going to need help). And really only use Hogan, Berrios and Malone.

Not saying I agree with it. It’s just what I think. That Cager doesn’t even get many snaps. 

I have that feeling as well but I'm just happy to see he'll get some reps in. Besides,  if we stick to the plan from last week, it won't matter who's out there. Colts defense will just play in the box and jump every route.  

31 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

I have that feeling as well but I'm just happy to see he'll get some reps in. Besides,  if we stick to the plan from last week, it won't matter who's out there. Colts defense will just play in the box and jump every route.  

Would be nice to see him get action in the RZ if we can even get there