Week 3: WFT (1-1) @ Cleveland Browns (1-1) - 9/27 FOX 1 pm kickoff

MikeT14

1 minute ago, lavar703 said:

I’m just totally blown away that he did this two weeks in a row. How are you supposed to coach these guys when you’ve given up on them two weeks in a row? 

Haskin is the issue admit it he stinks I dont know why you are so high on him

Are you a fan of Haskins or the Redskins?

I think we just need to keep fighting I’m not mad at anything today. We just don’t have the tools in the toolbox but we used the backs in the passing game. You can break down film he’s staring guys down big time. I mean I said he needs to elevate guys and today he gave guys more chances to elevate and they didn’t make plays so they can see where they can grow in practice this week just like Dwayne!!! The growth of Dwayne is giving guys chance to grow around him. It’s going to be a tough season for us guys it is what it is. But this was a bad game for Dwayne and he honestly gave me the most to see and grade. I think this is film these coaches had to have to be able to get this unit to grow

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Vladimir L said:

He’s a non mobile QB with a #2 TE being featured!!! He doesn’t stink right now with the players around he has to grow as do these players. Someone has to give Dwayne these opportunities. He showed today when in tempo in rythm he is highly effective. Got to get him a front he can have time with and we have to get him speed outside and a saftey blanket underneath

3 minutes ago, Vladimir L said:

What are you even talking about? Me wanting our young QB to succeed somehow means I’m not a fan of the team. This is dumb. 

2 minutes ago, A TRAIN 89 said:

Ron Rivera has no faith in this team. straight up rolling over at the end of games. hard to say I blame him, but they had money this offseason to go after some decent players and they whiffed.

When you overpay now just to bring in a body that body will cost you a more important body you don’t want to lose later. Everyone complained about being average with a roster without talent but now we have a coach letting his youth shape out a place in the scheme. We have a scouting dept doing work. We can get players this offseason based on what this staff knows they already have here for sure.

And they can pick a real blue chip talent in our projected top 7 pick. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

If a player gave up, he’d be benched. Rivera doesn’t get a pass from me for doing this and if he continues doing it it’s going to become a thing. There was three other games today with come backs, meanwhile our coach is giving up. 

Do you think maybe he didn’t want Haskins to have 4 or 5 picks so he can coach him this week instead of try to be like yo dude 5 picks really wasn’t that bad while it got worse? We can’t block. He’s working with a young QB who needs to take his bumps. He doesn’t need to send him out there to cripple him

lavar it’s tough seeing this team do these things but ultimately I think Rivera is protecting the young guys from themselves. Man I’m with you I will not accept a coach giving up here but we have to be honest with ourselves about where we are or this is going to be a really hard season!!! 

Edited by ripsean21
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, ripsean21 said:

Do you think maybe he didn’t want Haskins to have 4 or 5 picks so he can coach him this week instead of try to be like yo dude 5 picks really wasn’t that bad while it got worse? We can’t block. He’s working with a young QB who needs to take his bumps. He doesn’t need to send him out there to cripple him

That’s not an excuse for just giving up though. You can’t just quit on your players two weeks in a row while teams all around the league in similar situations are making comebacks. I’ve never seen anything like this before and it shouldn’t be an acceptable practice. What message does this send to guys like Jonathan Allen and Chase Young who are all about winning? Giving up is embarrassing. 

5 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

That’s not an excuse for just giving up though. You can’t just quit on your players two weeks in a row while teams all around the league in similar situations are making comebacks. I’ve never seen anything like this before and it shouldn’t be an acceptable practice. What message does this send to guys like Jonathan Allen and Chase Young who are all about winning? Giving up is embarrassing. 

But I’m with you I don’t like it. It’s hard!!! But honestly we almost won ourselves out of Chase. Trust me bud I complete agree with what your saying it doesn’t send a good message but I think if the players were bothered he wouldn’t have done it again. I think Rivera has the respect of these players based on how they are playing. Sweat showed out today players did good things today I think we just have to swallow some tough pills being honest about the best course for our team to be what we want