Week 3: WFT (1-1) @ Cleveland Browns (1-1) - 9/27 FOX 1 pm kickoff

MikeT14

The big things to me with Haskins is that he does not go through progressions at all, he just stares down his targeted receiver and even doing that he’s not always accurate. Missed McLaurin for an easy TD with no pressure. Missed Logan Thomas on the overthrow for a pick that changed the tone of the game completely. Over threw on an easy HB screen, these things are inexcusable and might not even be able to be fixed.

1 minute ago, Umbaugh21 said:

The big things to me with Haskins is that he does not go through progressions at all, he just stares down his targeted receiver and even doing that he’s not always accurate. Missed McLaurin for an easy TD with no pressure. Missed Logan Thomas on the overthrow for a pick that changed the tone of the game completely. Over threw on an easy HB screen, these things are inexcusable and might not even be able to be fixed.

This 100%. I guess at this point we start evaluating QBs in the 2021 draft.

As an OSU fan, I want Haskins to succeed for you guys. But he looked straight up bad. I realize he doesn't have a ton of help, but those INTs were ugly. He started off well and the play calling made things easy for him - you guys were exploiting our bad LBs and safeties. But as soon as he threw that first INT it was all pretty much down hill from there.

Your DL is scary good though, even with Chase Young missing most of the game. Our OL has been pretty good this year, and Washington's DL definitely gave them some trouble and made Baker uncomfortable at times.

Still can't believe Rivera basically waved the white flag, though.

7 minutes ago, DawgX said:

As an OSU fan, I want Haskins to succeed for you guys. But he looked straight up bad. I realize he doesn't have a ton of help, but those INTs were ugly. He started off well and the play calling made things easy for him - you guys were exploiting our bad LBs and safeties. But as soon as he threw that first INT it was all pretty much down hill from there.

Your DL is scary good though, even with Chase Young missing most of the game. Our OL has been pretty good this year, and Washington's DL definitely gave them some trouble and made Baker uncomfortable at times.

Still can't believe Rivera basically waved the white flag, though.

No no no he didn’t give up. He was just saving our guys for next week. Like he did last week and will probably do the week after this one. He’s blatantly tanking. It’s obvious now after the off-season we had. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, lavar703 said:

So that’s not the case with Dwayne though? The undrafted free agents and mid-rounders he’s relying on should get time but no the first round QB with 9 starts? 

Working my way through the thread, but THIS. Holy hell, this. 

Apparently it’s critical to give starting spots and unlimited playing time to mediocre talents at OT, OG, LB, S, CB, WR, etc., regardless of how poorly they play...but the 1st round pick at the most difficult position to play in American sports, who we KNEW was a long-term project, needs to get yanked. 

He was terrible today, but it would be nice if we could leave the knee-jerk “bench the QB, he sux!!!” stuff to the dopes on Twitter and try to have some more sensible discussions here. We’re absolutely at the point where if there’s not much improvement between now and December, we’ve gotta be considering QB in April. But benching him for Kyle Allen (or Alex Smith’s one good leg) after 3 starts in this offense? Come on 🙄

• Like 2

The player I’m going to get on because I love him I defend him pounded a table really for him Collins absolutely needs to carve his nitche in this defense!!!! Honestly put him at WLB and keep Curl on the field they don’t have effective TE’s when I see 31 on the field. Idc about money it’s about being the player he can be Collins needs to check himself he is playing bad football since the 3rd 1/4 of the Cardinals and I am really disappointed that I’m not seeing some real big boy ball from him it’s really frustrating. This guy is a captain he needs to get it together