Jump to content

Week 3: WFT (1-1) @ Cleveland Browns (1-1) - 9/27 FOX 1 pm kickoff


Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, e16bball said:

Working my way through the thread, but THIS. Holy hell, this. 

Apparently it’s critical to give starting spots and unlimited playing time to mediocre talents at OT, OG, LB, S, CB, WR, etc., regardless of how poorly they play...but the 1st round pick at the most difficult position to play in American sports, who we KNEW was a long-term project, needs to get yanked. 

He was terrible today, but it would be nice if we could leave the knee-jerk “bench the QB, he sux!!!” stuff to the dopes on Twitter and try to have some more sensible discussions here. We’re absolutely at the point where if there’s not much improvement between now and December, we’ve gotta be considering QB in April. But benching him for Kyle Allen (or Alex Smith’s one good leg) after 3 starts in this offense? Come on 🙄

Thank you. This is why I said I'm riding Dwayne all 16. I don't care if he throws 10 INTs and another 5 fumbles in a game. I might yank him in THAT game just to settle him down. But I'm definitely going to start him the next one. 

We spent a 1st round pick on this guy and I want to see what we have. 

Fellas, and I know @e16bball understands this because he's a baseball guy too, to use a baseball term, you have GOT to let your pitcher work himself out of a situation. He might grow and find what he needs when he digs down deep. And then surprise you. And you can build on that going forward. 

But you can't find out what the guy is made of if you're yanking him off the field every time he gets in trouble.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, e16bball said:

Working my way through the thread, but THIS. Holy hell, this. 

Apparently it’s critical to give starting spots and unlimited playing time to mediocre talents at OT, OG, LB, S, CB, WR, etc., regardless of how poorly they play...but the 1st round pick at the most difficult position to play in American sports, who we KNEW was a long-term project, needs to get yanked. 

He was terrible today, but it would be nice if we could leave the knee-jerk “bench the QB, he sux!!!” stuff to the dopes on Twitter and try to have some more sensible discussions here. We’re absolutely at the point where if there’s not much improvement between now and December, we’ve gotta be considering QB in April. But benching him for Kyle Allen (or Alex Smith’s one good leg) after 3 starts in this offense? Come on 🙄

But nobody could logically want to not play him you can’t even judge him until this seasons over he has the year it’s like that baring injury or the team quitting on him.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

Thank you. This is why I said I'm riding Dwayne all 16. I don't care if he throws 10 INTs and another 5 fumbles in a game. I might yank him in THAT game just to settle him down. But I'm definitely going to start him the next one. 

We spent a 1st round pick on this guy and I want to see what we have. 

Fellas, and I know @e16bball understands this because he's a baseball guy too, to use a baseball term, you have GOT to let your pitcher work himself out of a situation. He might grow and find what he needs when he digs down deep. And then surprise you. And you can build on that going forward. 

But you can't find out what the guy is made of if you're yanking him off the field every time he gets in trouble.

I really do enjoy the posters we have here I really can’t wait to see Lavar when we are winning his passion I can feel it we are killing it with the skins here. Hopefully Dwayne finds that thing inside of him!!! He has the skills I really think he has to just go out and do it stop thinking!!! You can just see him thinking instead of just ripping it

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, e16bball said:

Working my way through the thread, but THIS. Holy hell, this. 

Apparently it’s critical to give starting spots and unlimited playing time to mediocre talents at OT, OG, LB, S, CB, WR, etc., regardless of how poorly they play...but the 1st round pick at the most difficult position to play in American sports, who we KNEW was a long-term project, needs to get yanked. 

He was terrible today, but it would be nice if we could leave the knee-jerk “bench the QB, he sux!!!” stuff to the dopes on Twitter and try to have some more sensible discussions here. We’re absolutely at the point where if there’s not much improvement between now and December, we’ve gotta be considering QB in April. But benching him for Kyle Allen (or Alex Smith’s one good leg) after 3 starts in this offense? Come on 🙄

  I agree  with you e16bball Haskins has only played a total of 9 games, I mean the oline is garbarge mainly the left side and we don't have enough weapons.  I don't care who you qb is that's a disaster waiting to happen.  Let him get his lumps in my opinion he shouldn't have to look over his shoulder.  Just imagine if Peyton Manning had to look over his shoulder in his rookie year.  Not saying that Haskins is going to be a HOF but still we have to let him learn.  Just my opinion

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

I really do enjoy the posters we have here I really can’t wait to see Lavar when we are winning his passion I can feel it we are killing it with the skins here. Hopefully Dwayne finds that thing inside of him!!! He has the skills I really think he has to just go out and do it stop thinking!!! You can just see him thinking instead of just ripping it

I just want to win. This was the reason I was so upset about the approach to the off-season. They made no effort to improve the team and it’s showing big time. Watching Wes Martin get pushed into the backfield repeatedly and seeing Christian get beat around the edge only to hear fans say “the OL hasn’t been that bad” is just crazy to me. It’s like the only guy that’s playing bad is Dwayne and if not for him we’d be 3-0. 
 

I would’ve liked to see Dwayne with Eric Ebron and Robby Anderson instead of Inman and Thomas. I would like to see AP still here carrying the load with Gibson coming in and spelling him. Flowers should’ve been retained and we should’ve made a real effort for Conklin. Why we just mailed it in is beyond me other than Rivera being infatuated with Lawrence. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Troublez said:

Look I get that we have to sit on Haskins and evaluate.... but the tape he put out today was borderline Nathan Peterman'esque. Also - his supporting cast made some plays for him.

 

He wasn’t good today. He wasn’t good last week either. At this point you ride it out, see what you have and if he doesn’t progress we’ll be bad enough to be in a position to replace him. However if Rivera drafts another young QB and puts him in a similar situation he deserves to be fired. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I just want to win. This was the reason I was so upset about the approach to the off-season. They made no effort to improve the team and it’s showing big time. Watching Wes Martin get pushed into the backfield repeatedly and seeing Christian get beat around the edge only to hear fans say “the OL hasn’t been that bad” is just crazy to me. It’s like the only guy that’s playing bad is Dwayne and if not for him we’d be 3-0. 
 

I would’ve liked to see Dwayne with Eric Ebron and Robby Anderson instead of Inman and Thomas. I would like to see AP still here carrying the load with Gibson coming in and spelling him. Flowers should’ve been retained and we should’ve made a real effort for Conklin. Why we just mailed it in is beyond me other than Rivera being infatuated with Lawrence. 

I just don’t think he would have let them win in Philly if it was like that. But I get it trust me I’m tired of losing too!!! It will come together this season has def been tough outside of the second half in Philly and individual flashes but I think that’s what this staff wanted to see who can flash in their system and this next offseason they will go get their guys

Edited by ripsean21
Link to post
Share on other sites

I am glad we have the Ravens and Rams coming up next couple weeks. I want a real evaluation of Haskins progress. And while he did look bad against the 27th ranked pass defense. The next couple defenses should really put in detail what we have so far.

These first 3 game to me. Thats his preseason. This coming up is the meat and potatoes.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ripsean21 said:

I just don’t think he would have let them win in Philly if it was like that. But I get it trust me I’m tired of losing too!!!

Well it’s clear now how bad Philly is and we should’ve lost that game too. At the end of the day we just don’t have the talent to compete. The Guice thing hurt badly along with the Harmon injury but just deciding to go into the season with guys the old regime knew sucked and playing them as starters is just insane and the one thing I simply do not understand is if this was the approach they were going to take, why in the hell were Scherff and Kerrigan not traded? So strange to me. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

I am glad we have the Ravens and Rams coming up next couple weeks. I want a real evaluation of Haskins progress. And while he did look bad against the 27th ranked pass defense. The next couple defenses should really put in detail what we have so far.

These first 3 game to me. Thats his preseason. This coming up is the meat and potatoes.

This OL against the Ravens should be fun. I suspect we won’t score in those two games. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, lavar703 said:

This OL against the Ravens should be fun. I suspect we won’t score in those two games. 

The line was Ok today against Miles and Co. But some of his passes. Like that screen that went 5 feet over the head of the rb. Passes like that against Baltimore will be picked off. He just better hit the film room, work on that footwork, stop locking onto receivers all this week. Cause Baltimore can make a fool out of anyone not 100% prepared for them in a heartbeat. But Haskins needs this level of play to go against. Facing these top shelf defenses to let him know what hes up against and how much growth he best find out himself.

Next week isnt going to be fun to watch. But like I said, its needed.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Well it’s clear now how bad Philly is and we should’ve lost that game too. At the end of the day we just don’t have the talent to compete. The Guice thing hurt badly along with the Harmon injury but just deciding to go into the season with guys the old regime knew sucked and playing them as starters is just insane and the one thing I simply do not understand is if this was the approach they were going to take, why in the hell were Scherff and Kerrigan not traded? So strange to me. 

Because they still needed to field a team with some veteran leadership. I think they want Schreff long term but injuries suck. Ryan I think their just giving him the respect he wants to be here their trying to show the players they will take care of the guys that deserve it but idk. I think Ryan and Brandon work the way Ron wants his guys to work. But I Think maybe with their notes for last years FA class maybe they had a better grip for this upcoming class identifying guys who are better fits and maybe their draft notes are higher on this class so they make moves this offseason to add draft captial.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, PARROTHEAD said:

The line was Ok today against Miles and Co. But some of his passes. Like that screen that went 5 feet over the head of the rb. Passes like that against Baltimore will be picked off. He just better hit the film room, work on that footwork, stop locking onto receivers all this week. Cause Baltimore can make a fool out of anyone not 100% prepared for them in a heartbeat. But Haskins needs this level of play to go against. Facing these top shelf defenses to let him know what hes up against and how much growth he best find out himself.

Next week isnt going to be fun to watch. But like I said, its needed.

I disagree about the line being okay but agree with your criticisms of Haskins play. He has to make the plays where they’re there to be made and he’s not. I still think he’s in an awful situation to try and develop but I seem to be by myself on an island for the most part concerning that. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...