Sign in to follow this  
Bianconero

Think-Piece: This is Joe Douglas' Plan

16 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

I don't think JD did this on purpose. He's actually been building the way most of us wanted to see the team built.  Through the draft and not a lot big splash moves. He was just killed with injuries.  The only decisions I didn't like was letting Robby walk & not targeting at least a starting vet edge to play opposite of JJ. 

It terms of him wanting his own coach, I agree 100%. People tried to make it seem like 2 had this big connection from a failed year in Chicago. I can go on about what I don't like about Gase. I'm hoping Denver wins to get this over with. 

Sam made some poor decisions and that part you can't teach. So a lot is on him, but the things you can coach got worse and it's hard for me to write off Sam when he's developing under a coach I don't like or trust. With that being said,  I'm having a hard time with the idea of passing up on Law or Fields if Sam doesn't at least improve his mechanics. 

The only fault JD has in this, is not doing more at WR. Not paying Robby was a mistake, thinking Perriman was a legit replacement knowing his injury history was a mistake. And only drafting Mims was a mistake. You could also argue he didn't do enough at edge either. But he inherited an awful roster that we knew wasn't going to be fixed in 1-2 offseasons.

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

This franchise has ruined a good QB. And I'm worried its too late to fix it. 

I don't think we ruined him yet. He has been working for the most part since been with the Jets with inferior WR'S and a horrible O line his first two years. The only receiver he is comfortable with is Crowder. He show Sunday that he moves around good, and one Colt rush him Sunday and hit him real hard and he did no go down so he is a strong kit. So far this Herndon has not help Darnold at all  it sure looks line he is afraid to go over the middle like all the top TE's do. So far Herndon is another bust, all training camp the coaches we raving about Herndon, what they saw I have no idea. I still say it both Darnold, and Josh Rosen were dealt a lousy hand.

2 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

I don't think we ruined him yet. He has been working for the most part since been with the Jets with inferior WR'S and a horrible O line his first two years. The only receiver he is comfortable with is Crowder. He show Sunday that he moves around good, and one Colt rush him Sunday and hit him real hard and he did no go down so he is a strong kit. So far this Herndon has not help Darnold at all  it sure looks line he is afraid to go over the middle like all the top TE's do. So far Herndon is another bust, all training camp the coaches we raving about Herndon, what they saw I have no idea. I still say it both Darnold, and Josh Rosen were dealt a lousy hand.

Yes it could and should get better for darnold. But lets be real. Its not like getting Perriman back is like getting Hopkins back. Getting Mims back isn't like getting Ridley back. These arent these super talented guys we are getting back. That its like theyre saviors.

Ngl i dont think anyone hired by this organization is playing 3 dimensional chess or is that bright. 

Maybe JD is a great GM, but I'll believe it when we win games.

• Like 2

On 9/29/2020 at 2:58 PM, Colt45fool said:

Ngl i dont think anyone hired by this organization is playing 3 dimensional chess or is that bright. 

Maybe JD is a great GM, but I'll believe it when we win games.

I hope/pray JD is

Wasn't Flacco on his rookie deal in 2013?