A LOOK AT A POST QUINTRICIA LIONS

Karnage84

https://detroitsportsnation.com/matt-patricia-refutes-kliff-kingsburys-concerning-comment-about-lions-defense/wgbrady/detroit-lions-news/09/23/2020/234257/?fbclid=IwAR10eCSpuUM5Fuej-euAeKThZttlrkNwNzVe9XQiKDxKLN1zV2vtoKC0FMQ

There are some changes in there that are a little bit different” Patricia added. “Hopefully, some of that is not that obvious to the eye that’s breaking down the film.

Lol, super secret changes that nobody notices or needs to prepare for because they arent really changes.  

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

Changes that are the equivalent of sea salt vs pink Himalayan salt

Whoever we bring in, the defense will probably be completely gutted. I just don't see any players that we absolutely need to hold on to besides Okudah because of his potential. We don't really have a single blue-chip caliber player on defense. Guys like Flowers and Collins and Trufant are solid veterans but don't have much long-term value. Walker is decent I suppose. Linebackers and line are a mess. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

This is going a bit off track. 

Does anyone have any thoughts on Brendan Daly? How has he helped or hindered guys in KC? Any notable players under his tenure with previous teams?

Sorry, my bad.  

I am all for bringing in people with a winning pedigree.  I also like to see something change when a coach arrives instead of continuing something (sort of like MP continuing to do what every DC has done under BB).  KC as a total defense went from 24th to 5th from 18 to 19 when Daly arrived.  I know he was just the DL coach and run game coordinator but the rush defense didnt really improve.  In looking at NE once he left, they improved their run D and overall D as well.  So I am not sure I am sold on Daly at this point unless he has some type of system/ideas that he isnt able to implement at this point because he isnt the DC.  I feel like there are better options out there.  

I also sort of feel the same way with Bienemy. I like his upside and the system he runs, but he also has Maholmes, which will make any OC look good.  I do like that he still involves his RBs better than we have ever been able to do since Barry retired while maintaining a healthy passing attack.  I would be a lot more excited for this hire than I was Matty P because he at least has shown the ability to be creative and use his assets. 

My thing with Bienemy is it is Andy Reid’s offense. He did the exact same thing in Philly when he was there.  I think it could be a remake of what we have now (Patricia the master mind on bb’s team) but on the offensive side of the ball. If I’m going to hire a coordinator, I do like it to be in the defensive side of the ball, but that is personal preference. What about the DC of Baltimore or SF?

6 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

Sorry, my bad.  

I am all for bringing in people with a winning pedigree.  I also like to see something change when a coach arrives instead of continuing something (sort of like MP continuing to do what every DC has done under BB).  KC as a total defense went from 24th to 5th from 18 to 19 when Daly arrived.  I know he was just the DL coach and run game coordinator but the rush defense didnt really improve.  In looking at NE once he left, they improved their run D and overall D as well.  So I am not sure I am sold on Daly at this point unless he has some type of system/ideas that he isnt able to implement at this point because he isnt the DC.  I feel like there are better options out there.  

I also sort of feel the same way with Bienemy. I like his upside and the system he runs, but he also has Maholmes, which will make any OC look good.  I do like that he still involves his RBs better than we have ever been able to do since Barry retired while maintaining a healthy passing attack.  I would be a lot more excited for this hire than I was Matty P because he at least has shown the ability to be creative and use his assets. 

These are all fair points. 

It isn't an exact science but usually guys have crossed paths in past jobs and have shared philosophies. A lot of times guys are moving up from a position coach job into a coordinator job. 

As for Daly, he's my #1 candidate.. out of 1 prospect. There's a whole lot of work to find other guys who might be better suited for the job. Daly was selected on the basis of his connections with EB and BQ (assuming that he's given another shot). 

13 hours ago, Nnivolcm said:

Just like putting your coach and GM publicly on the hot seat.

It's different when it's top down vs bottom up. You keep dragging Quinn on his "9-7 isn't good enough" comments but then chastise ownership for wanting to hold them accountable after they have allowed some room to implement their plans. 

Edited by Karnage84
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Karnage84 said:

It's different when it's top down vs bottom up. You keep dragging Quinn on his "9-7 isn't good enough" comments but then chastise ownership for wanting to hold them accountable after they have allowed some room to implement their plans. 

Wow, we sure have different takes on what it means to hold someone accountable.

When 9 wins is justification for being terminated, holding someone accountable for a 3 win season isn't a vague promise of action to come with a loop hole built in.

2 minutes ago, Nnivolcm said:

Wow, we sure have different takes on what it means to hold someone accountable.

When 9 wins is justification for being terminated, holding someone accountable for a 3 win season isn't a vague promise of action to come with a loop hole built in.

That we do