Jump to content
EaglesPeteC

Week 3 GDT: Eagles vs Bengals- Who cares we suck

Recommended Posts

30 minutes ago, RBreezy said:

If Carson plays bad and the Eagles lose, does Wentz ride the pine?

no

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Johnny Nix said:

yeah but have you seen Bobby Hart play RT?

I see you 1 Bobby Hart and raise you an entire LB room that shouldn't even be rostered in the NFL. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

I see you 1 Bobby Hart and raise you an entire LB room that shouldn't even be rostered in the NFL. 

I re-raise you a paper thin defensive tackle group

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Johnny Nix said:

I re-raise you a paper thin defensive tackle group

I re-re raise you JJ Arcega Whiteside (who was selected BEFORE DK Metcalf 😪)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

I re-re raise you JJ Arcega Whiteside (who was selected BEFORE DK Metcalf 😪)

I re-re-re raise you John Ross (who was selected before Patrick Mahomes)

/thread

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Johnny Nix said:

I re-re-re raise you John Ross (who was selected before Patrick Mahomes)

/thread

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, RBreezy said:

If Carson plays bad and the Eagles lose, does Wentz ride the pine?

He should we didn't draft his replacement to not replace him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, ninjapirate said:
8 hours ago, RBreezy said:

If Carson plays bad and the Eagles lose, does Wentz ride the pine?

He should we didn't draft his replacement to not replace him.

Better chance of one of you starting week 4, then Wentz being benched.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Danger said:

no

I bet you it’s closer than you think. If he struggles. And it’s clearly HIS struggles and not play calling or the younger guys, then I don’t know how you can not think about Hurts. He looked bad against Wash for obvious reasons. He had good protection against LA and looked bad. Maybe it was the play calling or the gameplan. If he looks bad against a porous Cincy defense then what’s the excuse? There’s no way he can go back out and expect good results. And then, what’s the point of starting him? He would either need to take a couple weeks with a phantom injury and work out his mechanics or just fade away. This is crazy to think about this early in a season but if he has a crap performance this week, like utter crap, then what else do you logically do? Just let him play out a 3-13 season and regroup next year? I doubt it man. I think they move on. And I’m not a knee jerk guy but that’s just reality. Even if he plays great, this team is still probably going 2-4. If he plays poor, we’re talking possible roster blow up and a top 5 selection.  I think this next week or few are that important concerning his career. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You guys are grasping for straws if you think Doug or Howie are even remotely thinking of Benching Wentz (Non injury related) for Hurts.

How about we fix a Defense that is not giving up 30+ pts a game and 200 yds rushing, that might help too. We can't stop a noise bleed at the moment the past 6 QT.

Play calling has been atrocious. Now if there is actual proof not speculation from some beat writer that Wentz is ignoring the play call, changing everything at the line, doing his own thing Peyton Manning esq ', then Yes Doug needs to step in, threaten to bench his *** if said BS continues. Theres giving a QB leeway at the line and abandoning the OC/HC wishes.

I don't think that's actually happening as much as they are making it out to be, just Wentz forcing the Spectacular instead of taking what's easily given. In other words, Farve Ball.

Edited by Nabbs4u

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Jroc04 said:

I bet you it’s closer than you think. If he struggles. And it’s clearly HIS struggles and not play calling or the younger guys, then I don’t know how you can not think about Hurts. He looked bad against Wash for obvious reasons. He had good protection against LA and looked bad. Maybe it was the play calling or the gameplan. If he looks bad against a porous Cincy defense then what’s the excuse? There’s no way he can go back out and expect good results. And then, what’s the point of starting him? He would either need to take a couple weeks with a phantom injury and work out his mechanics or just fade away. This is crazy to think about this early in a season but if he has a crap performance this week, like utter crap, then what else do you logically do? Just let him play out a 3-13 season and regroup next year? I doubt it man. I think they move on. And I’m not a knee jerk guy but that’s just reality. Even if he plays great, this team is still probably going 2-4. If he plays poor, we’re talking possible roster blow up and a top 5 selection.  I think this next week or few are that important concerning his career. 

The eagles also put themselves in the situation that if Carson ever struggled this year he would have to look over his shoulder. The eagles created this worst case scenario when they decided they were too smart to add an impact young player to an old oft injured team. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

if Hurts doesn't exist no one would want to see carson benched. Like do we want to see nate sudfeld play? not really.

But now if we lose sunday we are starting 0-6 in the face.

 

Edited by ninjapirate

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

if Hurts doesn't exist no one would want to see carson benched. Like do we want to see nate sudfeld play? not really.

But now if we lose sunday we are starting 0-6 in the face.

 

And Howie is too smart to not have thought about that. He weighed his decision. He probably thought to himself it to be a win-win. Carson finds new motivation to be great or Carson implodes leaving the position to a young Hurts. 
 

He looked at Carson and said to himself, I better find someone good in case this guys never gets “it” back. I don’t blame him. Maybe it’s not what we wanted at the time but maybe there was some internal discussions regarding his injuries and, excuse the phrase, cowboy ball. Maybe this was Howie really trying to protect the future of the franchise. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

And Howie is too smart to not have thought about that. He weighed his decision. He probably thought to himself it to be a win-win. Carson finds new motivation to be great or Carson implodes leaving the position to a young Hurts. 
 

He looked at Carson and said to himself, I better find someone good in case this guys never gets “it” back. I don’t blame him. Maybe it’s not what we wanted at the time but maybe there was some internal discussions regarding his injuries and, excuse the phrase, cowboy ball. Maybe this was Howie really trying to protect the future of the franchise. 

Well they brought up missing out on russel wilson when they talked about the hurts pick. if they think hurts is a wilson level talent than they should want him to play over carson.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's like Groundhog day with some of you every single season. Only (insert) whichever Back up QB's name is at that time here __________?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...