Week 3 GDT: Eagles vs Bengals- Who cares we suck

EaglesPeteC

18 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

It's like Groundhog day with some of you every single season. Only (insert) whichever Back up QB's name is at that time here __________?

Yup, seriously, I don't think his talent suddenly disappeared at halftime in the Washington game. He's going through a rough several quarters, not seeing the field right, not trusting legs, etc., but notion that he has suddenly become as bad as these numbers and should be benched for a project rookie is ridiculous. If he's still looking like this in several weeks, then we've got a problem, and one of the biggest mysteries I've ever seen, considering he was looking like a top 10 QB with practice squad WRs last time we saw him.

I would agree w/ JRoc notion that there is more to Hurts pick than just insurance though. No matter how you look at it, it shortens Wentz's leash, but IMO there is no way it's shorter than >1 season. Maybe a minor injury lands him on IR to end the misery if he's looking like this all year, but a healthy bench in 2020? No way. Not after how well he played in 2017-2019 for us (even if only 80% of games), not to mention we can't cut him until after 2021.

Edited by RandyMossIsBoss
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Yup, seriously, I don't think his talent suddenly disappeared at halftime in the Washington game. He's going through a rough several quarters, not seeing the field right, not trusting legs, etc., but notion that he has suddenly become as bad as these numbers and should be benched for a project rookie is ridiculous. If he's still looking like this in several weeks, then we've got a problem, and one of the biggest mysteries I've ever seen, considering he was looking like a top 10 QB with practice squad WRs last time we saw him.

I would agree w/ JRoc notion that there is more to Hurts pick than just insurance though. No matter how you look at it, it shortens Wentz's leash, but IMO there is no way it's shorter than >1 season. Maybe a minor injury lands him on IR to end the misery if he's looking like this all year, but a healthy bench in 2020? No way. Not after how well he played in 2017-2019 for us (even if only 80% of games), not to mention we can't cut him until after 2021.

To me, I feel like part of the thing is, it feels like Doug is refusing to use Carson to his strengths and is trying to do things the way he saw success with Nick, and that's part of the reason maybe his lack of success snowballed. This regime does like to force round pegs into square holes.

43 minutes ago, Danger said:

To me, I feel like part of the thing is, it feels like Doug is refusing to use Carson to his strengths and is trying to do things the way he saw success with Nick, and that's part of the reason maybe his lack of success snowballed. This regime does like to force round pegs into square holes.

There could very well be something to that. I think at this point, Carson’s issues are well documented. Every expert I’ve heard, and maybe it’s just regurgitated, is saying his mechanics are falling apart. (Are those the injuries accumulating? OL play? Mental pressures because Hurts?) Maybe it’s Doug. I’ve definitely heard Doug being headstrong about his “SB winning offense” and how he doesn’t want to change much. Maybe it’s Carson’s unwillingness to bend to Doug. I hope that Lurie and Howie are aware of your point though at least. You can’t have a HC and QB not on the same page. Something has to give. Let’s just hope, if they can’t iron things out, the FO makes the right choice to move on from whomever. Whomever it really is. 

23 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

There could very well be something to that. I think at this point, Carson’s issues are well documented. Every expert I’ve heard, and maybe it’s just regurgitated, is saying his mechanics are falling apart. (Are those the injuries accumulating? OL play? Mental pressures because Hurts?) Maybe it’s Doug. I’ve definitely heard Doug being headstrong about his “SB winning offense” and how he doesn’t want to change much. Maybe it’s Carson’s unwillingness to bend to Doug. I hope that Lurie and Howie are aware of your point though at least. You can’t have a HC and QB not on the same page. Something has to give. Let’s just hope, if they can’t iron things out, the FO makes the right choice to move on from whomever. Whomever it really is. 

Fire Doug. Trade Carson to the Colts. Hire Lincoln Riley. Championship. 

2 hours ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Man I used to live for NFL Sunday mornings. This season though has been just so discouraging. I'm to the point where I don't watch any pregame stuff or even really feel excited for Eagles football. Sucks man. I'm just deflated.

i haven't watched pre game shows even before this season... its just become too much of a show

42 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

Fire Doug. Trade Carson to the Colts. Hire Lincoln Riley. Championship. 

Keep Carson and hire Riley.. I still believe Carson is a top 5 talent... terrible coaching... how does a coach see his footwork and not work on it with him..

Edited by eagles18

3 minutes ago, eagles18 said:

Keep Carson and hire Riley.. I still believe Carson is a top 5 talent... terrible coaching... how does a coach see his footwork and not work on it with him..

he bulked up and seemed to have lost any pocket magic he ever had. He isn't good right now.

3 minutes ago, eagles18 said:

We can talk about the QB coach and such, but some of the onus has to fall on Wentz to accept the coaching and continue to be aware of having good mechanics.