Week 3 - The Watt Bowl - JJ vs TJ/Derek

ET80

As much as I hate to say this, I think we are gonna need to run the ball 65% of the time against the Steelers. Their run defense is suspect, and their pass rush is too good. We have a solid pass blocking line against a 4 man rush but against the blitz we fall completely apart. 

we won’t win unless Davis Johnson has 125 yards rushing or more. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Pastor Dillon said:

we won’t win unless Davis Johnson has 125 yards rushing or more. 

This might be the game where you go with a Johnson/Johnson backfield and get both 15-20+ touches each. It would give the OL a very simple assignment, just plow the road and beat the guy in front of you - push forward 3-5 yards at a time, keep Ben on the sideline and keep Watson upright by not dropping him back that often. 

This game is gonna tell the tale on our season. I know the first two weeks stung a little but if we went into the Cheifs game 5-0 and lost like that, no one would be shocked. If we were then 7-1 going into the ravens game and lost, we would have lamented the few mistakes that put it out of reach. 

not to make excuses because everyone is in the same boat but no pre season and then back to back against the favorites for the AFC championship game is not easy  

this game will tell where we are really at this season  

we are desperate for a win, the Steelers are not . We need this one way more than they do, so we are gonna learn  a lot  

I know the feeling around here is to root for an 0-16 season so BOB will be fired, but realistically we have a 7-9 floor and that’s not getting him fired. 

If we win this game, we could easily be 3-2 heading into a showdown with the titans and then a game against the packers before our bye week. 

after our bye week, there’s not a single team that scares me. 

I still think we are on a 10-6 or 11-5 pathway if we win tomorrow.