NFL Players who like to spend money

Winnipeg49ers

Jameis Winston strikes me as a guy who would be flashy with his cash.

JJ Watt probably has most of his money locked away in bonds and index funds.

Antonio Brown comes off as having a gold-plated toilet.

I bet Gronkowski is thrifty; hasn't he said he hasn't spent a dime of his NFL money, using only money from sponsorships?

Gio Bernard was noted for driving a used mini-van (I think it was his GF's moms) to practice.  Where he earned the nickname Gio-van.  So I'm guessing he's thrifty with his money. Other guys that are noted to not spend money that I've seen are Gronk, Sam Bradford, and Marshawn Lynch.

On the other side, Chad Ochocinco and T.O. liked to spend and they are hurting for cash now as a result.  Cam Newton I've seen posting about him balling out.  His teammates did a parody video to the one he posted where he was balling out for his birthday: 

4 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Cousins lives with his parents/in-laws in the offseason and drives a POS.

There's being responsible with money and then there's just being cheap. Live a little Kirk, a new car and a condo should be doable on a 24 million per year salary.

In DC???    Idk about that!!!   :)

I only got a little glimpse into it but saw AB out in Phoenix with his kids and wife/gf (not sure) at a go-cart track and they bought and wasted most of 2 tables full of food.  Not a big thing, but he definitely seems like the type to spend a lot of money on a lot of glamorous purchases.  Have you seen the vehicle he shows up to camps in.  

Someone mentioned Ocho Cinco, and TO... I'd look into AB and more 'diva' WRs like OBJ and you'll probably find some stories.  

7 minutes ago, JDLefebvre said:

I only got a little glimpse into it but saw AB out in Phoenix with his kids and wife/gf (not sure) at a go-cart track and they bought and wasted most of 2 tables full of food.  Not a big thing, but he definitely seems like the type to spend a lot of money on a lot of glamorous purchases.  Have you seen the vehicle he shows up to camps in.  

Someone mentioned Ocho Cinco, and TO... I'd look into AB and more 'diva' WRs like OBJ and you'll probably find some stories.  

I realize some may find it irrelevant but I absolutely hate when people waste food like that.

If you order it, eat it. There's some starving kid in Africa and all that....

7 minutes ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

I think a more interesting, and much MUCH shorter list, would be players that are actually responsible with their money. 

To that point I've heard somewhere that Kevin Garnett don't spend nothing 

I always find people's spending habits interesting.

I find it interesting when people seem to have such an extreme lack of balance or common sense with money.

Save some for a rainy day, but realize you only get one crack at life and to make sure you enjoy yourself too.

11 hours ago, cddolphin said:

Jameis Winston strikes me as a guy who would be flashy with his cash.

JJ Watt probably has most of his money locked away in bonds and index funds.

Antonio Brown comes off as having a gold-plated toilet.

I bet Gronkowski is thrifty; hasn't he said he hasn't spent a dime of his NFL money, using only money from sponsorships?

This is satire, right?

Archived