Rookie Report

Humble_Beast

This is a new thread where we can focus on rookies on the team, or even compare other rookies we liked during the draft process. We can discuss rookie progression and notes. other rookie news around the league

R1- Henry Ruggs- during the 1st two games, hasn't put up #s. Impacts the game with his speed

R1- Arnette- throwing Into the wolves as a rookie starter. Hasn't been BBQ chicken

R3- Bowden- traded, haven't been following him in Miami

R3- Edwards- starting and getting his feet wet with Williams hurt. Made a few good catches against Lattimore! 

R3- Muse- IR

R4- Simpson- played against the Saints, and held his own. 

R4- Amik- haven't noticed him

4 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

R1- Henry Ruggs- during the 1st two games, hasn't put up #s. Impacts the game with his speed

R1- Arnette- throwing Into the wolves as a rookie starter. Hasn't been BBQ chicken

R3- Bowden- traded, haven't been following him in Miami

R3- Edwards- starting and getting his feet wet with Williams hurt. Made a few good catches against Lattimore! 

R3- Muse- IR

R4- Simpson- played against the Saints, and held his own. 

R4- Amik- haven't noticed him

I'm going easy on Ruggs. His skill set needed an offseason to exploit. It's clearly there, just needs more reps. 

Arnette I've been happy enough with. I preferred Jaylon Johnson. But, he hasn't bombed so I'm fine with it.

Bowden...🤦🏼‍♂️. I was screaming for Blackmon or Moss here. Blackmon could've rid us of Harris. That would've been a 1st round pick level impact at this rate. Moss hasn't blown the roof off yet, but I still really wanted a solid RB to complement Jacobs. Booker is filling in admirably enough though. 

Edwards was a pick I didn't see coming. After taking Bowden, I was still pounding for Blackmon. It was a pleasant surprise. Good pick. 

Muse...🤦🏼‍♂️. Here, I was pounding the table for Terrell Burgess (sensing a theme?) or Troy Dye. LB or S were my big needs, but I didn't mean draft a S to play LB lol. Dye is injured so whatever. Burgess is a backup, but could've rid us of Harris, making it Christmas for me. 

Simpson played well. Cool with him. But for the record, I was still yelling for Troy Dye here. Also, Jacob Eason for the possible value. Fine with the pick though, and happy so far. He's been more productive than those I wanted.

Amik, I haven't seen. With Mullen, Arnette, Joyner, and Johnson on the team already, I  didn't see the need for a CB. At this point, I was screaming for Shaq Quarterman or Evan Weaver, simply to have a dang LB. Jury is out.

4 good picks, 2 whiffs, a meh pick were actually made. 5 of the guys I wanted from the whiffs are primary backups or injured. All in all, it's a lot of TBD. Clearly, LB and getting rid of Harris were my primary concerns though.

I think the Bowden and possibly the Muse picks are going to be stingers for a long time no matter what, just because of how badly they flopped so quickly. 

i loved that we double dipped at WR (though i didnt like the Ruggs pick), and i loved that we double dipped at CB (though i didnt like the Arnette pick).

i has hating the Bowden and Muse picks from the very beginnig. liked the simpson pick, but imo from monday's game he didnt appear ready, though thats not surprising given the shortened offseason program and how he was thrust into action without notice

I think Ruggs has been ok, but he and Carr aren't in synch yet. Arnette has been ok but no impact plays yet. Edwards hasnt really shown an ability to separate (he ran free on a long cross against zone coverage)

Ruggs has yet to break out but showed the potential the first game before getting injured. Compared to my pick...

Jeudy who is having a case of the dropsies which would make him invisible to Carr.   and....

Lamb I haven't seen...

Ruggs has helped the team overall and I think was the right pick. Hopefully he gets healthy and can break out. He's got it and needs chemistry with Carr.

17 minutes ago, G said:

Ruggs has yet to break out but showed the potential the first game before getting injured. Compared to my pick...

Jeudy who is having a case of the dropsies which would make him invisible to Carr.   and....

Lamb I haven't seen...

Ruggs has helped the team overall and I think was the right pick. Hopefully he gets healthy and can break out. He's got it and needs chemistry with Carr.

Lamb is already emerging as a force for Dallas. But I agree, Ruggs was the right pick. 

On 9/24/2020 at 1:47 PM, ronjon1990 said:

I'm going easy on Ruggs. His skill set needed an offseason to exploit. It's clearly there, just needs more reps. 

Arnette I've been happy enough with. I preferred Jaylon Johnson. But, he hasn't bombed so I'm fine with it.

Bowden...🤦🏼‍♂️. I was screaming for Blackmon or Moss here. Blackmon could've rid us of Harris. That would've been a 1st round pick level impact at this rate. Moss hasn't blown the roof off yet, but I still really wanted a solid RB to complement Jacobs. Booker is filling in admirably enough though. 

Edwards was a pick I didn't see coming. After taking Bowden, I was still pounding for Blackmon. It was a pleasant surprise. Good pick. 

Muse...🤦🏼‍♂️. Here, I was pounding the table for Terrell Burgess (sensing a theme?) or Troy Dye. LB or S were my big needs, but I didn't mean draft a S to play LB lol. Dye is injured so whatever. Burgess is a backup, but could've rid us of Harris, making it Christmas for me. 

Simpson played well. Cool with him. But for the record, I was still yelling for Troy Dye here. Also, Jacob Eason for the possible value. Fine with the pick though, and happy so far. He's been more productive than those I wanted.

Amik, I haven't seen. With Mullen, Arnette, Joyner, and Johnson on the team already, I  didn't see the need for a CB. At this point, I was screaming for Shaq Quarterman or Evan Weaver, simply to have a dang LB. Jury is out.

4 good picks, 2 whiffs, a meh pick were actually made. 5 of the guys I wanted from the whiffs are primary backups or injured. All in all, it's a lot of TBD. Clearly, LB and getting rid of Harris were my primary concerns though.

I think the Bowden and possibly the Muse picks are going to be stingers for a long time no matter what, just because of how badly they flopped so quickly. 

I sense your theme, You Love my UTES.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

I said it during the draft process and I think it's going to play out that the CB class has as much depth as the WR class. Its only two weeks but I really like what I've seen from Johnson, Arnette, Noah I and Snead. Okudah, Henderson, Dantzler, Fulton, Gladney, Hall and a few others have big potential too but may take a while especially with the unique off season we've just had. I'll be following this CB class like I'm following last years DE class!  

16 hours ago, NYRaider said:
On 9/24/2020 at 8:47 PM, ronjon1990 said:

Muse hasn't even played a snap yet.

Also missing on a 3rd round gadget player won't even be noticed in a couple years if we hit big on a 1st round WR and a 1st round CB.

7 hours ago, Darbsk said:

I said it during the draft process and I think it's going to play out that the CB class has as much depth as the WR class. Its only two weeks but I really like what I've seen from Johnson, Arnette, Noah I and Snead. Okudah, Henderson, Dantzler, Fulton, Gladney, Hall and a few others have big potential too but may take a while especially with the unique off season we've just had. I'll be following this CB class like I'm following last years DE class!  

Jaylon Johnson is only 21 too. kid is the real deal, I think JJ and Shenault would have been locked as top 20 picks if they weren't hurt during the draft process. JJ playing like a top 10 pick so far. 

• Like 1