Sign in to follow this  
Humble_Beast

Rookie Report

On 9/25/2020 at 11:36 AM, Humble_Beast said:

I'd of preferred johnson but doesn't always happen that way. so we shall see. 2 weeks isn't much to go by. also helps bears have real pass rush. Cbs always look better with pass rush.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Humble_Beast said:

we need to double dip next year on DL. maybe top 3 picks

There should be some good talent in FA also.  I have a feeling that we might be spending money on defense and draft capital on offense next year.  I would rather spend $15-20 million on a DL than a WR.  Now way of knowing anything right now though and for me it comes down to were the value is.  I really want to see a player on our line next year that commands a double team whether it is a draft pick or high priced FA.

Antoine Winfield Jr been ballin out. Stupid how we overlook guys because of their size. I understand if we overlook guys because TE Matchups, but Winfield An explosive weapon on defense with range for days 

• Like 1

On 9/26/2020 at 10:04 AM, roi34 said:

I'd of preferred johnson but doesn't always happen that way. so we shall see. 2 weeks isn't much to go by. also helps bears have real pass rush. Cbs always look better with pass rush.

Yeah, it's way too early to pass judgement on the rookie CBs. Jeff Okudah got burnt for 7 receptions, 121 yards, and a TD against the Packers last week and played pretty well today. 

6 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

Antoine Winfield Jr been ballin out. Stupid how we overlook guys because of their size. I understand if we overlook guys because TE Matchups, but Winfield An explosive weapon on defense with range for days 

Eh?!?! We drafted 'undersized' Hunter Renfrow, Maurice Hurst and Amik Robertson all in the latter rounds at great value so I dont think you can sustain that line of thinking. Antoine Winfield i think was universally liked around here but we'd just let Joseph an undersized and similar type of player walk so I've no problem not drafting Winfield based on what we felt worked for our defensive system.

2 hours ago, Darbsk said:

Eh?!?! We drafted 'undersized' Hunter Renfrow, Maurice Hurst and Amik Robertson all in the latter rounds at great value so I dont think you can sustain that line of thinking. Antoine Winfield i think was universally liked around here but we'd just let Joseph an undersized and similar type of player walk so I've no problem not drafting Winfield based on what we felt worked for our defensive system.

IIRC one of the reasons we didn't target another safety early was because Gruden/Guenther didn't want to come into the season with essentially two rookie starting safeties. 

Arnette has been a nice surprise. Don’t get me wrong, I’d say he’s been slightly below-average but by pleasant surprise what I mean is I didn’t know the guy would be an instant upgrade over some of our previous corners like Daryl Worley. 

Although the next two weeks he faces two Top 5 Pass Offenses. One having a ton of speed in the Chiefs. 

12 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

Winfield Jr, was so high on him. I would have to dig up my ranking list as I don’t remember anymore but I think Winfield was my #1 Safety. Was him or Delpit. I really wasn’t a big fan of McKinney, such a generic skillset safety that probably wouldn’t translate to the NFL well. 

Anyone know how Delpit is doing? He probably needs a year on the bench. 

10 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Arnette has been a nice surprise. Don’t get me wrong, I’d say he’s been slightly below-average but by pleasant surprise what I mean is I didn’t know the guy would be an instant upgrade over some of our previous corners like Daryl Worley. 

Although the next two weeks he faces two Top 5 Pass Offenses. One having a ton of speed in the Chiefs. 

I think Arnette has played pretty well so far this season outside of getting abused by Robby Anderson on that double move. 

On the season we've held opposing team's WR's to 32 receptions for 412 yards (12.8 ypc) and 1 TD. If you remove that 1 long TD by Anderson we've held opposing WR's to 31 receptions for 337 yards (10.8 ypc) and 0 TD. 

We've limited DJ Moore to 4 receptions for 54 yards, Emmanuel Sanders to 1 reception for 18 yards, and Julian Edleman to 2 receptions for 23 yards. 

The guy I wanted, Jaylon Johnson, has looked absolutely terrific this season. He gave up a big catch to Atlanta but the guy was complete lockdown corner first two weeks of the season. And he still had an ok game against Atlanta, especially in the 2nd Half.

22 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Winfield Jr, was so high on him. I would have to dig up my ranking list as I don’t remember anymore but I think Winfield was my #1 Safety. Was him or Delpit. I really wasn’t a big fan of McKinney, such a generic skillset safety that probably wouldn’t translate to the NFL well. 

Anyone know how Delpit is doing? He probably needs a year on the bench. 

I think Delpit is on IR isn't he??

4 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

The guy I wanted, Jaylon Johnson, has looked absolutely terrific this season. He gave up a big catch to Atlanta but the guy was complete lockdown corner first two weeks of the season. And he still had an ok game against Atlanta, especially in the 2nd Half.

I liked the same guys you liked: Grant, Jaylon, Winfield Jr... I don’t follow college as much as the NFL but I did catch some Gopher games. Fresno had a weird rivalry with them, and Winfield was special. Guy was making one handed game winning interceptions. Jaylon was a Fresno phenom too... Johnson looking like he should have been a top ten pick 

1 minute ago, Darbsk said:

He needs a year to learn anyways, and get his tackling coached up.

1 minute ago, Darbsk said:

Yeah he’s out for the year. To be honest, wanted him at 19