Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Humble_Beast

Rookie Report

Recommended Posts

26 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

What are you talking about? He did run a 4.56. Please stop with the injury bs, you can say that stuff about almost every player, and it’s Raider Fans hyping that up like they do for every player, the fanbase of non-stop excuses for their players. I didn’t hear any of that non-sense before we drafted him. And even if you give him a better 40, he’s no where close to 4.4 speed. Maybe 4.52 at absolute best, being generous. 
 

Plus like I said, the speed doesn’t bother me much, it’s the arm length. 
 

 

yea because the reports of him being hurt during the combine didnt come out until after the draft. And his speed has not been an issue. Not on tape at OSU, not in reports from camp and not in a Raider uniform. 

You literally just said theres no way he runs close to a 4.4 then followed up with Maybe a 4.52, like thats not half a step lmao which is it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Geezy said:

yea because the reports of him being hurt during the combine didnt come out until after the draft. And his speed has not been an issue. Not on tape at OSU, not in reports from camp and not in a Raider uniform. 

You literally just said theres no way he runs close to a 4.4 then followed up with Maybe a 4.52, like thats not half a step lmao which is it?

There’s a huge frickin difference between 4.49 and 4.52. Agree to disagree. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

There’s a huge frickin difference between 4.49 and 4.52. Agree to disagree. 

you said Jaylon Johnson's 4.50 is completely acceptable but Arnette has 4.52 in him and hes slow. Come on man.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Geezy said:

you said Jaylon Johnson's 4.50 is completely acceptable but Arnette has 4.52 in him and hes slow. Come on man.

I said being “generous”. Arnette is likely a 4.54 to 4.56. However, for the 100th billionth time, the speed doesn’t bother me much, even at 4.56. It’s mostly the arm length. You guys decide to comment on the thing that doesn’t bother me much, because it’s the only semi-disputable thing to argue about, when the arm length literally cannot be disputed. It’s the arm length that is the primary issue for me. Just about every successful outside corner has had 31” or better arms. Arnette would be like a Top 2% outlier if he succeeded on the outside. However, I’m rooting for the guy and have been somewhat pleased so far. Let’s hope he is an outlier. Worst case scenario is he’s an elite nickel. Too tough and too physical and technique is wayyy too good to be a bust. 

Edited by BayRaider

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

What are you talking about? He did run a 4.56. Please stop with the injury bs, you can say that stuff about almost every player, and it’s Raider Fans hyping that up like they do for every player, the fanbase of non-stop excuses for their players. I didn’t hear any of that non-sense before we drafted him. And even if you give him a better 40, he’s no where close to 4.4 speed. Maybe 4.52 at absolute best, being generous. 
 

Plus like I said, the speed doesn’t bother me much, it’s the arm length. 
 

 

You can't be serious about the speed.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Arnette may fail but not because of his arm length. His physicality in press more than makes up for it. He needs to get better in off man/soft zone, which Guenther has been playing way way too much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

You can't be serious about the speed.

 

Stop falling for excuses and propaganda bro. Official combine 40 4.56. Projected expert 40 by most was 4.54/4.55. Guys game tape is not 4.4. And I would never ever trust a GM telling me a 40 time, ever. None of them. 
 

Betting over/under was also 4.54

Edited by BayRaider

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

You can't be serious about the speed.

 

the good thing is he ran the next 37 yards in 3.82 lol 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Arnette may fail but not because of his arm length. His physicality in press more than makes up for it. He needs to get better in off man/soft zone, which Guenther has been playing way way too much.

So far, Arnette I think has looked very promising. Feisty and competitive and not afraid to press and mix it up but you're spot on with the off man comment,  Arnette did show in his college tape he can be hesitant or slower breaking on the ball in that type of coverage. Not to labour a point but it's one reason why I had Johnson rated higher as a scheme fit in that he was more instinctive and better playing off and breaking on the ball. I see no reason why Arnette can't improve that though and develop into a nice CB2 or better. Hope they both become great CBs.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

So far, Arnette I think has looked very promising. Feisty and competitive and not afraid to press and mix it up but you're spot on with the off man comment,  Arnette did show in his college tape he can be hesitant or slower breaking on the ball in that type of coverage. Not to labour a point but it's one reason why I had Johnson rated higher as a scheme fit in that he was more instinctive and better playing off and breaking on the ball. I see no reason why Arnette can't improve that though and develop into a nice CB2 or better. Hope they both become great CBs.

Agree with everything here. From Arnette looking promising and feisty, to Johnson being rated higher and a better scheme fit, to Arnette looking slow on tape at times, especially breaking on the ball. 
 

Basically 100% agree with you here. 

Edited by BayRaider

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On a positive note about Arnette, his technique was the best in the class along with Okudah. And his technique also looks very good in the NFL. I love me some technicians. I’ve said multiple times whoever the Ohio State DB coach is, needs an award. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Stop falling for excuses and propaganda bro. Official combine 40 4.56. Projected expert 40 by most was 4.54/4.55. Guys game tape is not 4.4. And I would never ever trust a GM telling me a 40 time, ever. None of them. 
 

Betting over/under was also 4.54

What do you mean falling for excuses? The official combine uses electric for the ending, but the start is hand timed. He literally got a bad jump.If you want to think what you want, that's fine.

But let's not act like the combine timer starting early is "excuses and propaganda".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

I’m talking about before the season started. Johnson performing much better is just icing on the cake as it’s way too early to tell. No one had Arnette over Johnson, well not many. There was not a single draft person that had Arnette graded in the Top 32. And I only saw a couple who even had Arnette graded as an Early 2nd. He was usually in the 45-60 range, and with good reason. 

and Ryan leaf went before Peyton. it doesn't matter where guys are ranked by scouts. plenty of guys I.E crosby go late and perform better than dudes in 2nd round. prospect ranking is just a guide by guessing. Jacobs was hardly used in college but his skill set translates better than some in NFL. 

 

it's all about system fit, translation to next level and hitting on guys. there isn't an exact science or else teams would hit on every player.

 

Arnette is hurt and looks pretty solid to me. plays physical and isn't scared to hit. I like him.

Edited by roi34

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

who cares about 40 times? 

 

john ross really been tearing up the nfl with his 4.25 40 time boys! killing it! you need good route running to couple with it. some corners run 4.35 times and can't keep up with 4.55 wrs because thier technique sucks and read and reaction isn't good. way more to football than 40 times. no one just runs straight all the time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BayRaider said:

It still doesn’t change the fact Johnson was the better prospect than Arnette, and same style of play as Arnette, with longer arm length than Arnette. Show me anyone who had Arnette over Johnson, maybe 5% of draft experts at most. 

Johnson being the best rookie corner so far with Henderson is just icing on the cake. He looks totally shutdown outside of a big Ridley catch. 

According to the media. But it was widely reported that teams CB rankings were all over the place. I'm not going to put too much weight into arm length. 

The best rookie CB through 3 games doesn't really mean much though. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...