Rookie Report

Humble_Beast

10 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

Wonder if Muse could be useful as a blitzer. Be able to use his athletic ability as an advantage over OT. Probably has no technique but he would be useful in that role. 

He excelled as a blitzer at Clemson. I think he had like 10 TFL and 5 sacks his last two years there. I still have hope for him to become a player for us, I liked him as a developmental prospect but would've preferred him in the later rounds. Over his last 3 seasons he played 401 coverage snaps in the box and only gave up 184 yards while also putting up 11 combined interceptions and forced incompletions. 

During his final season at Clemson he played 374 snaps in the box, 157 snaps at safety, 109 snaps at slot corner, 16 snaps at outside corner, and 20 snaps coming off the edge. 

1 minute ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Props to ruggs on his first td

He probably would've had a TD against Carolina on that 45 yard catch if Carr put a little more air under that throw. We've seen him at 100% for 6 quarters this season and he already has 3 catches of 45+ yards. 

• Like 1

On 10/6/2020 at 9:27 AM, Bitty 2.0 said:

Said it before jack of all trades master at none.

I don’t think that’s fair. Rookies are judged too soon nowadays. Some guys take longer to make the transition. Before rookies were brought along slowly now everyone is expected to make an impact day 1 and if they don’t they are labeled a bust. Nothing against you, just speaking in general.

15 minutes ago, Geezy said:

I don’t think that’s fair. Rookies are judged too soon nowadays. Some guys take longer to make the transition. Before rookies were brought along slowly now everyone is expected to make an impact day 1 and if they don’t they are labeled a bust. Nothing against you, just speaking in general.

Pretty dumb to judge rookies through 5 weeks of the season with no OTA, no preseason, and limited training camp reps as well. 

39 minutes ago, Geezy said:

Non taken, I think he's to small to be a DE and not good enough to be a safety, so he's a 3 down OLB. Nothing that special.

19 minutes ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

Non taken, I think he's to small to be a DE and not good enough to be a safety, so he's a 3 down OLB. Nothing that special.

I think Simmons will be good but I just don't like his fit in Arizona's 3-4 defense. They're pigeon holing him into a 3-4 ILB spot and that just doesn't really fit his skillset. He needs to be in a hybrid scheme where he's moved all around the field like what Phillips did with the Rams. The Cardinals have taken hybrid LB's in the 1st round with guys like Deone Buchannon and Haason Reddick and done the same thing though. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

Does Henry Ruggs blow up the rest of the year? Been thinking of picking him up in fantasy

I think so. We've taken deep shots with him in all 3 games that he has played and I'd bet we start to look to use him more on underneath routes going forward. 

On 10/13/2020 at 1:59 PM, NYRaider said:

I think so. We've taken deep shots with him in all 3 games that he has played and I'd bet we start to look to use him more on underneath routes going forward. 

Deep crossers/overs are his most dangerous route. He can create so much space over the middle deep.