Any sneaker heads in here?

El Ramster

I can't find a pair of Vans i like to replace my old worn *** ones that i like.  All the new ones have such rigid soles, which i hate, because i've never actually skateboarded in my life.  But i like them for driving and drumming and walking around in sometimes.  Grew up wearing Vans through high school and stuff, like everyone else...and they just feel right.  But all the current ones feel wrong.

That doesn't count though, does it?

36 minutes ago, FinneasGage said:

not a sneakerhead but i got five pairs of sb's i kinda cycle thru atm. i used to have more but i've wrecked hella pair over the past couple years and just tossed them or sold them. all i really wear besides like bull**** work shoes and slides

AkGvNbD.jpg

sB0P86R.jpg

86382c39abc79a84090af91f5a34aa8c.jpg

jKvZkGT.jpg

QzP1k1Z.jpg

Do they still make these, or is it like a vintage thing?  'Cause like looks like what i want.  Got that nice thin sole, flexible and got some feeling to it in the toe.

Those brown/beige 2nd pic ones are so good.  They don't sell them no more, do they?

All the current Nike shoes i find, are like garishly coloured and bright and mostly just have that big fat sole that runs all the way around the rim an inch thick.

38 minutes ago, Tugboat said:

They don't sell them no more, do they?

yeah nah they don't sell them non second hand dealer. the ones in the 2nd pic i got super cheap... like $160 i think. of those five pairs they're for sure the easiest/cheapest to find online. they're nike dunk wheat low sb forbes. if you can find a seller under ~$210 that's pretty solid imo

Edited by FinneasGage

I pretty much always buy the "last season's" model of some sort of Nike basketball shoe and wear them until they wear out. I have flat feet and need the ankle support, and with coaching, exercising, etc. they work for me. I have probably bought some variation of the Air Visi about 3-5 different times, but these were my favorite:

41ELzuIT55L._AC_UX395_.jpg

I‘m a big proponent of the Jordan 1. But a number of ankle injuries I piled up in high school means I’ve only been able to wear the lows, which really cuts down on the available looks I can get. Might try on some mids the next time I can get to an actual sneaker store and see if my ankles have healed enough to let me wear those. 

Also currently have a pair of Stan Smiths and a Puma Suede in the rotation. 

15 hours ago, Tugboat said:

I can't find a pair of Vans i like to replace my old worn *** ones that i like.  All the new ones have such rigid soles, which i hate, because i've never actually skateboarded in my life.  But i like them for driving and drumming and walking around in sometimes.  Grew up wearing Vans through high school and stuff, like everyone else...and they just feel right.  But all the current ones feel wrong.

That doesn't count though, does it?

They've made the classic stuff more narrow, and rigid. The new stuff is all foam on the bottom, and actually really flexible. They don't come in any of the classic styles though. If you just like Vans, it's something to look at.

9 hours ago, ET80 said:

I don't qualify as a sneakerhead, but I owned a pair of these in the 90s. If I could find a pair for a reasonable price, I'd buy them in a heartbeat.

These were mine

90s New Converse Cons React Kevin Johnson Run N Slam Mid image 0

Picture 5 of 7

I'd definitely buy a couple pairs of each if they did another release

• Like 1