Week 5 Bills @ Bengals

MrCincinnati

44 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

Can't pinpoint it, but I just don't really believe in the Bills. 

Bengals 20
Bills 19

They are well coached, and as much people (myself included) criticized their moves in the offseason it looks like McDermott got guys that that believe in his system/process.

Their secondary is playing well, and their defense can get pressure.  Couple that with LeSean McCoy on offense and you have a 3-1 team in today's NFL.  That said, I too do not believe in their OLine, passing game or run stopping.  The problem we have is that we can't run the ball.  If we win this game, it'll be an ugly win...

1 minute ago, TheVillain112 said:

They are well coached, and as much people (myself included) criticized their moves in the offseason it looks like McDermott got guys that that believe in his system/process.

Their secondary is playing well, and their defense can get pressure.  Couple that with LeSean McCoy on offense and you have a 3-1 team in today's NFL.  That said, I too do not believe in their OLine, passing game or run stopping.  The problem we have is that we can't run the ball.  If we win this game, it'll be an ugly win...

Should believe in the O Line. Other two are justified lol

2 hours ago, bigbadbuff23835 said:

Should believe in the O Line. Other two are justified lol

It's funny because I was going to say the the lack of faith in the OL and passing game makes sense but the Bills run D is pretty legit. The return to the 4-3 has allowed them to do what they best and should have similar results to 2014 (11th against the run I believe it was ).

Bengals fans seem real confident after their only win against the Browns.

Bills 28 Bengals 17

Our defense hasn't allowed over 17 points this season and I don't see it coming against a team with a poor OL. The Bills have the most QB pressures in the NFL and with the way our secondary is playing I think that's a recipe for disaster.

On offense Shady is due so I think he's going to have a nice day. Tyrod will probably have 200+ passing yards, 1 TD, 0 turnovers and some huge 3rd down conversions on his feet.

I hope it's an injury free game and in the past this is a game the Bills will end up losing. 2 huge wins against the Broncos and Falcons only to lose to a 1-3 team. Sean McDermott has this team focused and beliving in the process so I don't / hope we don't have a let down game.

Good luck to injury free game! and hopefully Joe Mixon gets a TD for my fantasy team =]

39 minutes ago, LeeEvans said:

This game is going to be extremely close in my opinion. I just have a feeling the Bills lose this one and that Cincy's resurgent offense will have enough to get the win. 

How's the Bengals run defense been? 

Tough to gauge, Burfict is back, and he's the heart and soul of the defense.  Even without him, it wasn't that bad.

crop_exact_Screen_Shot_2016-10-25_at_2.0

1 hour ago, The BILLievers said:

Bengals fans seem real confident after their only win against the Browns.

Confident is not a term that should be used this season for us Bengal Fans. 

I will say, I watched the Bills/Denver game last night and if you guys apply that same pressure, we're doomed.  Dalton was able to get the ball out of his hands I believe in like 1.9 seconds or some crazy low number like that against the Browns but their secondary is no where near yours.  Watching that Bills/Broncos game, it seemed like Siemian had to get the ball out ridiculously fast as well pretty much the entire game.  That pass rush is impressive as hell that your team has...

29 minutes ago, TheVillain112 said:

Confident is not a term that should be used this season for us Bengal Fans. 

I will say, I watched the Bills/Denver game last night and if you guys apply that same pressure, we're doomed.  Dalton was able to get the ball out of his hands I believe in like 1.9 seconds or some crazy low number like that against the Browns but their secondary is no where near yours.  Watching that Bills/Broncos game, it seemed like Siemian had to get the ball out ridiculously fast as well pretty much the entire game.  That pass rush is impressive as hell that your team has...

Yeah the weird thing is our highest paid and most talented defender, Marcell Dareus, has barely played and fell out of good graces with the coaching staff. I think he played like 12 snaps last week.

I agree that I think it'll come down to the bengals OL vs our DL. McDermott's 4-3 defense relies on the front 4 getting pressure and if they can, it allows our secondary to play fast and aggressive. Much like he did in his time in Carolina. If you guys can neutralize our pass rush then I see it being a very tight game throughout.

1 hour ago, The BILLievers said:

I agree that I think it'll come down to the bengals OL vs our DL. McDermott's 4-3 defense relies on the front 4 getting pressure and if they can, it allows our secondary to play fast and aggressive. Much like he did in his time in Carolina. If you guys can neutralize our pass rush then I see it being a very tight game throughout.

While I agree that is the match-up of the game, you are ignoring our defense.  If Shady is due for a big game, I could say the same thing about Mixon or Green.  I think our defense is just as good as yours, but scoring is separated by our trip to Lambeau.  Yeah, you did it in Atlanta, but Jones and Sanu missed significant snaps.  Our defense has been pretty good, even with the second half at Lambeau.  Your offense is like 29th overall and 31st in passing yards.  So i see two really great defenses stifling two mediocre to bad offenses.

First team to 20 probably wins.  And the last score might be a defensive TD

24 minutes ago, INbengalfan said:

First team to 20 probably wins.  And the last score might be a defensive TD

Really i think the deciding thing for the defenses is going to be how well the Bengals contain Tyrod and don't let him run for 100+ yards.  Because i have a feeling they'll play well all day, and at the end of the game we'll be talking about how well they played outside of 4 plays where Tyrod got crucial first downs on 3rd down.

20 hours ago, theJ said:

Really i think the deciding thing for the defenses is going to be how well the Bengals contain Tyrod and don't let him run for 100+ yards.  Because i have a feeling they'll play well all day, and at the end of the game we'll be talking about how well they played outside of 4 plays where Tyrod got crucial first downs on 3rd down.

This is my exact thought as well.  Lawson, Dunlap, and Smith in our Pass Rush packages like to speed rush up the field, that's going to give Tyrod a lot of running lanes.  

Archived