Week 5 Bills @ Bengals

MrCincinnati

Kind of a weird game.  How many times do you see AJ Green try to give the game away?

I'd give Dalton a half pick.  That first pick was a ball AJ normally catches.  Maybe it was the rain, maybe it was just unlucky.

What was weird was that Dalton threw two worse passes that weren't picked.  Outside of those two throws (the ones that weren't picked, that should have been), i thought he played really well.  He was pretty clutch on that last drive.

Also i thought the Oline was decent against the pass again.  Really not good in the run game, but as long as they can pass protect the offense can be successful.

I still don't think they're using Gio Bernard enough.

I think Kroft has earned some more PT when Eifert is healthy.  He's not flashy, but has sure hands.

I still don't understand the "high school senior night hey let's start Jeremy Hill and then not play him after the first drive" stuff.

WJIII and Denard did ok after Jones and Kirkpatrick went down.

It's a good thing the bye is next.  They need it to heal up on defense.

Have to say I'm surprised and happy with how well Dalton played today.  Bad conditions but did a great job throwing the ball (aside from a couple of bad throws).  Making me eat my words, and I'm happy to.

Also, this is probably the best the OLine has looked.  Great time for a bye and then we get the Steelers.  Let's see if Marvin actually does well after a bye for a change...

13 minutes ago, Beck Bristow said:

Yeah, I am way too optimistic about this team and even I don't like their chances coming out of the bye.

On one hand, the Steelers have looked bad.

On the other hand, they always look like the Steelers of the 70's when they play the Bengals.

I think they'll probably enter that game with a 2 game losing streak, and it's hard to imagine that stretches to 3 games.  That's just something that doesn't happen to the Steelers.  But we'll see.

1 hour ago, ochocinco4pres said:

very happy with the game overall. They played well. Burfict was a monster. Kroft is playing well. We could really use a receiver like Ross instead of Lafell who can actually get seperation. Lawson is going to be sooo good. 

100% on Ross over Lafell. 

Bengals need to make that switch like the Mixon over Hill switch.  There were two runs yesterday that if it was Hill instead of Mixon would not have been successful.  The one where Mixon broke the tackle outside and gained a 1st down.  And the TD run where he beat the defenders to the corner.  Power + Speed.  Now if only our OLine could run block, but I'm not going to complain too much after the great pass blocking effort yesterday...

2 hours ago, TheVillain112 said:

but I'm not going to complain too much after the great pass blocking effort yesterday...

Yeah at this point i'll take that if that's all they can do this year.  If Andy gets protection, the offense can be successful.

Archived