The Future of the Eagles: Like Seriously, who is this team's young core?

EaglesPeteC

Ok take a gander at the roster and look at the ages. Who on this team is under 30 that you really feel good about moving forward?

Let's look

QB- Carson Wentz (27)- The beginning of this season has shaken my confidence but push comes to shove I think he is a top 12 QB

RB- Miles Sanders (23) Stud

WR- Jalen Reagor (21) Certainly can't tell much after these two games, but I believe in him, so I'll put him on the list

TE- Dallas Goedart (25)- Looks like another stud TE in the making. 

DE- Josh Sweat (23) Looks good in flashes. I have more faith in him than Barnett

DT- Fletcher Cox (29)- Still a beast but for how much longer. Barely under the threshold here

DT- Javon Hargrave (27)- Haven't seen it in Philly yet, but I'll put him here anyway

CB- Darius Slay (29)- a top CB and there is a noticable difference with him back there, but just under the cut off. How much longer does he got?

That's it man. That's all I got. Even past that there aren't many players that I am just holding out blind faith for at this stage.

Dillard? Maybe, hopefully but hard to get excited after this brutal start to his career. Ertz is 29 but I don't really see a long term future here anymore. I liked Hightower, Driscoll and Wallace coming out, but nothing to really report there yet. Will Parks? Is he a something? Who knows.

Point is.....yikes. Old, hurt and crappy. Not a good combo.

4 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

RB- Miles Sanders (23) Stud

WR- Jalen Reagor (21) Certainly can't tell much after these two games, but I believe in him, so I'll put him on the list

TE- Dallas Goedart (25)- Looks like another stud TE in the making. 

DE- Josh Sweat (23) Looks good in flashes. I have more faith in him than Barnett

That's it. 

If Carson can get his career back on track you can count him as well since QBs play to be older these days, but that's still a question mark for sure.

Also I know y'all love to hate on Dillard but he exists and could be good maybe.

K'Von Wallace

While it doesn’t look great on its face, I think we have to do a little more research. How do other teams stack up? 

We obviously haven’t been a great drafting team. But being young and not great means money for FAs and trades. So, that’s where I expect SOME holes to be filled, where the Eagles have been very successful. While a team like Dallas have drafted well and have barely the playoffs to show for it. Granted, Baltimore, who has a HoF in the FO just keeps finding ways. 

Bottom line, I’m not sure how good/bad the Eagles’ future looks. It does really hinge on a few guys and the next draft or two. A lot of Carson concerns but if he projects into a top 10 QB from here on out, having Sanders, Goedert, Reagor, Dillard is at least a very good core for the next 5-10 years. The OL really does need some attention, however. The defense is a bit concerning. I think the DBs are in decent shape, surprisingly. They are solid, yet unspectacular. The LBs are pretty terrible. Taylor and Bradley are clearly unproven but the team is putting resources into the position at least. Time will tell there. I’m sure another higher round pick is going there in 2021. The DL really concerns me, personally. I hate the position we are in. They only guy I can honestly say will be here in 2 years is Hargrave. And we have no idea he can play. Everyone else needs to be replaced sooner than later. We have a combo of underperformering, expensive, aging and not capable enough players. No bueno.