The Future of the Eagles: Like Seriously, who is this team's young core?

EaglesPeteC

On 9/24/2020 at 9:52 PM, EaglesPeteC said:

Ok take a gander at the roster and look at the ages. Who on this team is under 30 that you really feel good about moving forward?

Let's look

QB- Carson Wentz (27)- The beginning of this season has shaken my confidence but push comes to shove I think he is a top 12 QB

RB- Miles Sanders (23) Stud

WR- Jalen Reagor (21) Certainly can't tell much after these two games, but I believe in him, so I'll put him on the list

TE- Dallas Goedart (25)- Looks like another stud TE in the making. 

DE- Josh Sweat (23) Looks good in flashes. I have more faith in him than Barnett

DT- Fletcher Cox (29)- Still a beast but for how much longer. Barely under the threshold here

DT- Javon Hargrave (27)- Haven't seen it in Philly yet, but I'll put him here anyway

CB- Darius Slay (29)- a top CB and there is a noticable difference with him back there, but just under the cut off. How much longer does he got?

That's it man. That's all I got. Even past that there aren't many players that I am just holding out blind faith for at this stage.

Dillard? Maybe, hopefully but hard to get excited after this brutal start to his career. Ertz is 29 but I don't really see a long term future here anymore. I liked Hightower, Driscoll and Wallace coming out, but nothing to really report there yet. Will Parks? Is he a something? Who knows.

Point is.....yikes. Old, hurt and crappy. Not a good combo.

Yup, on first glance that looks awful... but lets compare to another team. Now I'm not going to take a team like the 49ers who obviously have more young talent than most, they just won 13 games and made playoffs for 1st time last year. Cowboys seem pretty far. I believe we have the same record, maybe 1 game give or take, since 2018.

QB- Dak (27)- Top 12 QB 

RB- Zeke (25)- Stud, all we can do is hope he slows down and falls off a cliff after all these carries he's accumulated.

WR- Cooper (26)- Top 15 WR

WR- Gallup (24) - Not sure where he'd rank but certainly a major asset and could get better.

WR - CeDee Lamb (21)- Best looking rookie WR thus far. 

OG- Zack Martin (29)- Will be 30 in a few months, but has been pretty injury free and iOL seem to have longevity so you can count him in future plans.

OT- Tyron Smith (29)- Will also be 30 in a few months, don't really think he should be considered part of future plans given injury history, especially if we're not going to include Lane for Eagles.

OT- La'El Collins (27) - Very good tackle. 

DE- DeMarcus Lawrence (28) - Similar to Cox, nearing end of his prime and lately seems best days may be behind him.

LB- LVE (24) - Stud, but bad luck prone like his predecessor Lee. Still easily gets a mention.

LB- Jaylon Smith (25)- Stud.

CB- Trevon Diggs (23)- Hasn't done anything but if we're including Reagor and Lamb as core, I think their 2nd rounder deserves a mention.

Yeah, they blow us away. Going to be a long few years for us until we ever field a great team again like in 2017. 3 years minimum I would say, but obviously could be over a decade as there was a pretty big gap before that 2017 team.