Rookie RBs

CT Cowboy Fan

4 hours ago, CT Cowboy Fan said:

Let’s re-rank these 3 rookie RBs. In what order would you rank these guys as far as becoming fantasy gold by the end of the year?

Cam Akers

Zack Moss

JK Dobbins

Dobbins

Moss

Akers

I think Dobbins is the easy leader as he has the most talent ona  run heavy team, although he does have the best RB blocking snaps. 

I think Moss has a chance to steal carries but won't be fantasy gold.  Maybe a solid silver by end of the year. 

The Rams backfield scares me.  They will ride the hot hand and the other two backs have both shown the ability to be playmakers so I feel he will have the hardest time getting regular snaps. 

• Like 1

Don't think much has really changed in any of their cases since the start of the season. They're all good injury fill-ins/bench stashes to hold hoping they can find a way to take over their backfields later in the season. I'd rank them 1.) Dobbins 2.) Akers 3.) Moss in terms of potential to be a 2020 boom player. 

I think Moss has a significantly lower ceiling than the other 2, as I don't think he's the same level of talent Dobbins is but has a harder road to owning his backfield with Singletary there compared to Akers. Josh Allen also significantly hinders his RZ/goalline opportunities.

If Ingram goes down Dobbins is probably a RB1 and I think either way his talent is going to earn him more opportunities as he goes on, and I think if I could have any of the 3 I'd want him with how good the Ravens running game will likely be as the season wears on. Akers probably has an easier road than Dobbins to being a reliable RB3/FLEX option but it's going to be hard for him to really bust out in a pretty defined committee. 

Edited by SalvadorsDeli