CLAPCON Mafia - Currently: Day 7 - Night 7 is Sunday at 10pm EST

Dome

2 minutes ago, SwAg said:

Nah, I’m the JOAT, who didn’t kill who he was redirected to, and had his flavor investigation of MWil from N2 flip true last night when you killed him.

But he was redirected, and I claim that redirect onto a person who also claims to commute.

Why would I know what Forge was?  The pieces simply fit based on behavior, and there are options for what Forge could have been.  So, I don’t see the need to narrate another hypothetical for you to argue against instead of the fact you were tracked to the person who died in a game with five people left alive.

It's funny because being a JOAT doesn't exclude you from being scum. Which you are.

You're presenting it as fact that Orca visited Josh--but there's absolutely zero evidence that's true. Counselor can verify my redirect of you. And you also didn't die when I targeted you. So by your own logic, I can't be the killer either.

You do need to narrate another hypothetical, because if Forge wasn't a roleblocker, you need to explain what he could possibly be that would justify targeting me twice in three Nights. You're clearly howling here because you know Nazgul isn't moving his vote off you, Counselor won't vote Naz, and Josh is your scum buddy. So making up this quarter-assed case on me is your only option.

4 minutes ago, SwAg said:

I mean, I explained how it makes sense, and others said variations of the same over the course of the game.

No, you didn't. You're putting forward a transparently bad case because you know you need Counselor's vote for today, and painting the final two scum as me and Nazgul is your only way to do that without risking getting your scum buddy voted out on accident.

2 minutes ago, Blue said:

It's funny because being a JOAT doesn't exclude you from being scum. Which you are.

You're presenting it as fact that Orca visited Josh--but there's absolutely zero evidence that's true. Counselor can verify my redirect of you. And you also didn't die when I targeted you. So by your own logic, I can't be the killer either.

You do need to narrate another hypothetical, because if Forge wasn't a roleblocker, you need to explain what he could possibly be that would justify targeting me twice in three Nights. You're clearly howling here because you know Nazgul isn't moving his vote off you, Counselor won't vote Naz, and Josh is your scum buddy. So making up this quarter-assed case on me is your only option.

No, that’s never been my logic.  I am pointing out how you’re selectively applying your own logic, and engaging in an exercise to show it.

I am basing my opinion based almost exclusively on the fact you’re unaccounted for on several nights, and are selectively clearing based on logic that seems faulty.

2 minutes ago, JoshstraDaymus said:

Why does it keep coming back to me being scum? I’ve been on the level the entire way.

Because there are five people alive, Counselor and Nazgul are pretty cleared, and only three Mafia in the game with 18 players is hard to believe.

Let's say that you're Town, Josh. Who out of me and Swag, who are currently the only voting options today, is scum? And if you're not the other scum, then who is out of Nazgul and Counselor?

2 minutes ago, SwAg said:

No, that’s never been my logic.  I am pointing out how you’re selectively applying your own logic, and engaging in an exercise to show it.

I am basing my opinion based almost exclusively on the fact you’re unaccounted for on several nights, and are selectively clearing based on logic that seems faulty.

There's no selectiveness here. My logic is completely sound based on what I know as fact.

I mean, I redirected Orca to Josh.  I claimed that after Josh claimed Commuter, and I alluded to it before Josh even listed his nights.  It’s pretty clear I redirected Orca there because who else would have done it?  With only 2 people dying between Orca saying he was redirected and me first bringing up the basis for it?

Orca didn’t put a guilty on Josh with his gunsmith.  You just want to discount that in endgame.  And pretty ineffectively, it would be more effective to go with Orca lied about being a gunsmith because he’s Orca.

13 minutes ago, Blue said:

Because there are five people alive, Counselor and Nazgul are pretty cleared, and only three Mafia in the game with 18 players is hard to believe.

Let's say that you're Town, Josh. Who out of me and Swag, who are currently the only voting options today, is scum? And if you're not the other scum, then who is out of Nazgul and Counselor?

I think you are frankly.

@Counselor I'm done arguing with Swag, who is pretty obviously pushing for a mislynch today so his team can win. This game comes down to whether you think I'm an idiot as scum.

1. I hardclaimed to get BigBadBuff lynched on D4. Multiple people, including Mwil and Swag, agreed that move made no sense if I was scum. Buff confirmed I did, in fact, redirect him, which was the entire reason I claimed was because I knew he was lying about his target. Nothing about that play makes sense if I'm scum because I couldn't have known he was Indy, and me hardclaiming like that to get an Indy lynched would have led to me getting insta-voted the next Night, if not hit by a Vig.

2. Forge targeted me twice in three Nights, both of which my ability failed. Forge was lynched the Day after Orca was killed because he got caught targeting me the Night my ability failed, and the logic behind that lynch was that Forge roleblocked me. He clearly wasn't a bodyguard since Nacho was still able to target me, and a scum doctor is a pretty worthless role with only one (apparently) non-Mafia kill in the game. You know that Forge was a roleblocker, and that it made no sense for him to target me twice in three Nights if we were both Mafia.

3. There are holes all over Swag's claimed Night actions. Swag tried to back up Josh's commuter claim by saying he targeted Josh earlier in the game, then when he posted his list of targets it was obvious that he lied about that. He claimed to redirect Orca to Josh on N3, but Orca never said who he was redirected to, so you're having to take Swag's word for it. Swag also claimed he thought Buff RBed Orca and that was why there was no kill on N3, but that's absurd because he couldn't have successfully redirected Orca if Orca's ability was blocked--especially if, as he claims, he thought Buff was scum because Swag knows non-Town actions typically take precedence over Town actions in Night action resolution.

4. Me killing Mwil after pushing him and ET as the only killer options last Day phase makes no sense unless I had prior knowledge about his role. The only person claiming to know anything about Mwil's role is...Swag. Killing Mwil, when he rather strongly implied just last Day phase that he was The Bomb, would have been an extremely risky move for me. The smart move would have been to kill you to prevent exactly this situation, where you tracked me to Mwil, from happening. If scum are Swag and Josh, it makes a lot of sense why they weren't worried about leaving you alive.

You are quite probably going to decide whether Town wins or loses the game here. Make the right choice, vote Swag.