Week 3 - Rams at Bills

RamRod

Just now, NYRamsFan88 said:

I don’t understand why this defense loves giving up 3rd and forever when the game is on the line 

feels like it happens to us more than anyone else. its insane to me. Beyond inexcusable. 

As for the bad calls.. there was 3 I hated. One was the roughing the passer that was off set by a holding,which led to 7,  then the pick Allen threw, and obviously the last call. They happen.. seems like they happen in rams games every week. This team needs to get it together on defense ASAP if they want to make playoffs. We can't keep waiting till half to start playing good D. 

11 minutes ago, NYRamsFan88 said:

I don’t understand why this defense loves giving up 3rd and forever when the game is on the line. I thought we were done with that when Phillips wasn’t brought back 

Because we refuse to blitz. Allen was shook late in the game when we got in there, but on those plays we back the linebackers off 10 yards so he knows his line as a 5-4 advantage. 

2 minutes ago, MDY10 said:

feels like it happens to us more than anyone else. its insane to me. Beyond inexcusable. 

As for the bad calls.. there was 3 I hated. One was the roughing the passer that was off set by a holding,which led to 7,  then the pick Allen threw, and obviously the last call. They happen.. seems like they happen in rams games every week. This team needs to get it together on defense ASAP if they want to make playoffs. We can't keep waiting till half to start playing good D. 

It’s weird because the secondary never looked this lost before in the first half, guys were just not communicating and doing dumb ish. Then there was the anemic pass rush, but it came along in the second half.  Like you said, the defense needs to come out stronger in the first half...

3rd and 22......unbelievable...it could’ve been game over if the defense held...

• Like 1

So let me start off by saying I love this team fight. Down 25pts against a great Bills team on the road after traveling to Philly then back to LA then back to Buffalo which is alot of miles traveled. The Rams trend to scoring 30+pts on ET kickoff continues. They just suffered their first loss and shouldve won had it not been for that ticky tac PI. 

Now that I mentioned the ticky tac PI, Im not going to complain because for starters the Bills shouldve never blown that 25pt lead to trail in the first place. Secondly, you win some and you lose some. The Rams were on the right side of PI call in the NFCCG against the Saints. They were on the right side of PI in the SNF game against the Cowboys. They were on the wrong side of it in the Superbowl against the Patriots when Cooks got interfered with in the endzone that wouldve tied the game up but the refs didnt call it. Today the Rams were on the wrong side of it. So again Im not going to complain about it.

My overall thoughts though is the defense had trouble stopping Allen and that offense until it was too late and then when the Bills had to score they did to win. The Rams defense have to go back to the drawing board to fix things. On offense, we can clearly see its light years better than last season. Again to go on the road all those miles traveling twice to the east coast against a really good and well coached football team and come back to be in position to win says alot about Goff and this team. Both the Bills and Rams will be forces in the division/conference its just ashame one team had to lose today but both teams if they can stay relatively healthy will win 10+ games this season no doubt. Love what I saw from Henderson btw. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JonStark said:

Because we refuse to blitz. Allen was shook late in the game when we got in there, but on those plays we back the linebackers off 10 yards so he knows his line as a 5-4 advantage. 

I don’t see why we can’t blitz especially with AD99 taking up 2-3 blockers a play...it’s better than giving up 3rd and eternity with these soft cushions 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

So let me start off by saying I love this team fight. Down 25pts against a great Bills team on the road after traveling to Philly then back to LA then back to Buffalo which is alot of miles traveled. The Rams trend to scoring 30+pts on ET kickoff continues. They just suffered their first loss and shouldve won had it not been for that ticky tac PI. 

Now that I mentioned the ticky tac PI, Im not going to complain because for starters the Bills shouldve never blown that 25pt lead to trail in the first place. Secondly, you win some and you lose some. The Rams were on the right side of PI call in the NFCCG against the Saints. They were on the right side of PI in the SNF game against the Cowboys. They were on the wrong side of it in the Superbowl against the Patriots when Cooks got interfered with in the endzone that wouldve tied the game up but the refs didnt call it. Today the Rams were on the wrong side of it. So again Im not going to complain about it.

My overall thoughts though is the defense had trouble stopping Allen and that offense until it was too late and then when the Bills had to score they did to win. The Rams defense have to go back to the drawing board to fix things. On offense, we can clearly see its light years better than last season. Again to go on the road all those miles traveling twice to the east coast against a really good and well coached football team and come back to be in position to win says alot about Goff and this team. Both the Bills and Rams will be forces in the division/conference its just ashame one team had to lose today but both teams if they can stay relatively healthy will win 10+ games this season no doubt. Love what I saw from Henderson btw. 

Goffs INT was the only real gripe I had about the offense today, besides that they showed up against an elite defense (Henderson with the big day) I just wish the defense was as consistent. 
Next week we play the Giants, and if we lose to that team because our defense gets bludgeoned to death then I’ll lose my mind lmao 

7 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

The Rams were on the right side of PI call in the NFCCG against the Saints. They were on the right side of PI in the SNF game against the Cowboys. They were on the wrong side of it in the Superbowl against the Patriots when Cooks got interfered with in the endzone that wouldve tied the game up but the refs didnt call it. Today the Rams were on the wrong side of it. So again Im not going to complain about it.

The thing is, how is there a controversial call in every single rams game? its ridiculous and getting really old. If we win.. we cant enjoy it because all we hear is about the refs. If we lose, its hard to swallow cause we got robbed lol Just tired of it. 

im proud that this team came back and did what they did, however there's definitely reason to be concerned in how inconsistent the defense is quarter by quarter. Not even game by game. I get how young they are and how they're learning it still, but at the end of the day its who we have and what we are doing.. gotta figure it out asap. The offense ran the ball GREAT. Goff imo looked solid aside from the pick. Mcvay and his time out management is frustrating after 3 years of saying he will get it fixed. Our special teams is gone and that's a shame because we've had some very special special teams units in the last 5 years. 

I have no idea how to feel right now. We are very lucky to have the upcoming games we have and I think anything less than 4-1 will be inexcusable. Need to figure it out in these next two games before we take on San Fran

1 hour ago, MDY10 said:

The thing is, how is there a controversial call in every single rams game? its ridiculous and getting really old. If we win.. we cant enjoy it because all we hear is about the refs. If we lose, its hard to swallow cause we got robbed lol Just tired of it. 

im proud that this team came back and did what they did, however there's definitely reason to be concerned in how inconsistent the defense is quarter by quarter. Not even game by game. I get how young they are and how they're learning it still, but at the end of the day its who we have and what we are doing.. gotta figure it out asap. The offense ran the ball GREAT. Goff imo looked solid aside from the pick. Mcvay and his time out management is frustrating after 3 years of saying he will get it fixed. Our special teams is gone and that's a shame because we've had some very special special teams units in the last 5 years. 

I have no idea how to feel right now. We are very lucky to have the upcoming games we have and I think anything less than 4-1 will be inexcusable. Need to figure it out in these next two games before we take on San Fran

Yeah PI calls and the Rams are a thing. Even before that if the Rams can stop a 3rd and 22 we win. So it’s tough but I don’t come away feeling bad. The defense will get better as the young guys improve and the team get used to the new defensive coordinator. Also getting back Robinson will help. The kicking game I’m concerned with. Sloman needs to step it up big time. 

The Rams next two games are home against Giants and at Washington. Easy wins to get to (4-1) then they go to Niners to face a banged up team. That game will be interesting if Jimmy G. So the Rams are still right where they need to be despite tough loss. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NYRamsFan88 said:

Goffs INT was the only real gripe I had about the offense today, besides that they showed up against an elite defense (Henderson with the big day) I just wish the defense was as consistent. 
Next week we play the Giants, and if we lose to that team because our defense gets bludgeoned to death then I’ll lose my mind lmao 

Both the Giants and the Football Team I’m back to back weeks are get right games for the Rams defense before they go to SF to face the Niners. 

• Like 2

I fought every urge in my body to not complain about the PI calling cause I'd be a vicious hypocrite. Live by the bad PI call, die by the bad PI call.  Take this lost on the chin and move on to next week. I actually don't feel bad about it at all. This loss will help the team later in the season after overcoming a 28-3 deficit. Burgess and Rapp got their first real snaps of the season. Burgess fell down on the 3rd and 22 I think that kept the drive alive.

I just don't feel bad about this loss. I feel better about our team if anything cause we dominated the 2nd half and Henderson looked like a stud. Goff looked like a guy who can bring his team back from anything. This is a good loss guys, trust me. 

• Like 1

Henderson is starting to look so comfy. Love how they get him in space. Dude has some wiggle and is a one cut type of guy! Which I love. Malcom is more of a dancer! Akers brings the hammer.. But I really love what Hendo is doing! Adds a much needed dimension. Love the team.. Back to back East coast trips suck! But it is what it is.. Just so proud how they came back. This should add fuel! Just hate how Seattle is sliding by barely wining lol. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, El Ramster said:

Henderson is starting to look so comfy. Love how they get him in space. Dude has some wiggle and is a one cut type of guy! Which I love. Malcom is more of a dancer! Akers brings the hammer.. But I really love what Hendo is doing! Adds a much needed dimension. Love the team.. Back to back East coast trips suck! But it is what it is.. Just so proud how they came back. This should add fuel! Just hate how Seattle is sliding by barely wining lol. 

Henderson is going to be special in this scheme if he stays healthy. His one-cut style is perfect for what we do. Very explosive to and through the hole too.