Week 3 - Rams at Bills

RamRod

Went from angry during this game to hopeful to happy to irate. I hate how this game ended. I threw an adult temper tantrum for a quick minute. But c’est la vie. 
I couldn’t tell you the last time the Rams came back after being down that much in a game. There’s a lot to like about this game despite the outcome. Like most have already said, I love how our defense has adjusted in the second half but I want to start seeing that level of play to start the game too. We saw first hand today how it was only a matter of time before it was going to catch up to us after repeatedly having slow defensive starts. I bet this was the eye opener we needed. Loved what I saw from Henderson. After him being the guy everyone was seemingly counting out, he looks like he’s taken the reigns for the time being—he’s looked great two weeks in a row. Rest of the offense looked sharp I thought. Early in the game they just weren’t finishing and of course the turnover. But I think this is an offense that’s moved the ball really well through the first three weeks. 

Edited by BEASToftheEAST4
Typo
  • Like 2

56 minutes ago, rocky_rams said:

Jordan Fuller and Taylor Rapp are both great tacklers but Fuller is the better overall safety, specifically in coverage 

Maybe Rapp can add some added weight and become an LB for us 

Rapp has a lot of potential, but he clearly isn't there mentally in this scheme. Fuller is the more assignment sound player.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, rocky_rams said:

Jordan Fuller and Taylor Rapp are both great tacklers but Fuller is the better overall safety, specifically in coverage 

Maybe Rapp can add some added weight and become an LB for us 

Any reason known why Rapp started over Fuller? I mean I was surprised to see Fuller over Rapp the first two weeks but after that I figured he was the starter going forward. I don’t see his name on the stat sheet at all today. 

Also, I am really worried about our kicking game. I was one of those who thought moving in from GZ was the right move—and I still believe that it was. But Sam Sloman ain’t it. He just doesn’t strike me as an NFL kicker. I’m so frustrated to know that we drafted Sloman meanwhile Rodrigo Blankenship goes undrafted. 
I don’t trust Sloman on XP’s—much less a 50-Yarder. And the coaching staff also obviously has little confidence in him too. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, BEASToftheEAST4 said:

Also, I am really worried about our kicking game. I was one of those who thought moving in from GZ was the right move—and I still believe that it was. But Sam Sloman ain’t it. He just doesn’t strike me as an NFL kicker. I’m so frustrated to know that we drafted Sloman meanwhile Rodrigo Blankenship goes undrafted. 
I don’t trust Sloman on XP’s—much less a 50-Yarder. And the coaching staff also obviously has little confidence in him too. 

Says more about our ST coach than anything 

24 minutes ago, BEASToftheEAST4 said:

Any reason known why Rapp started over Fuller? I mean I was surprised to see Fuller over Rapp the first two weeks but after that I figured he was the starter going forward. I don’t see his name on the stat sheet at all today. 

I thought it was because of injury to Fuller 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

Nah, I don’t much care for Sloman either, but Hot Rod was and is overrated. I’d rather find us a steady veteran, even if they can’t knock through 55+ yarders

Yeah, Blankenship hasn't been great either. He missed a 41 yard FG this week and missed a 30-something yarder in Week 1. Ultimately, if you think Sloman can be great, you give him a chance to push through the jitters and rookie inconsistencies. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jrry32 said:

Yeah, Blankenship hasn't been great either. He missed a 41 yard FG this week and missed a 30-something yarder in Week 1. Ultimately, if you think Sloman can be great, you give him a chance to push through the jitters and rookie inconsistencies. 

Yup. Gostkowski missed 4 in one game. 

• Like 1

Great game, guys/gals. I know the refs were annoying on both sides, but damn- the game was everything but boring- that's for sure. 

I'd love to play y'all later in the year as both teams will be a bit more settled in. Maybe we can meet again in, say, Tampa? Does Feb 7th work? Around 6pm EST? Let me know if y'all can make it!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, jrry32 said:

That’s the thing though...I haven’t seen one thing that has shown me this guy can be great. And idk what anyone else has seen to think otherwise. Like I said, to me it’s glaringly obvious that he’s not an NFL quality kicker. Doesn’t have the leg strength or the accuracy and he repeatedly has low kicks. 

26 minutes ago, BEASToftheEAST4 said:

That’s the thing though...I haven’t seen one thing that has shown me this guy can be great. And idk what anyone else has seen to think otherwise. Like I said, to me it’s glaringly obvious that he’s not an NFL quality kicker. Doesn’t have the leg strength or the accuracy and he repeatedly has low kicks. 

You're not the one making the call. And I disagree on leg strength. That 52 yard FG had plenty of leg.

• Like 1