WEEK 2 - LIONS (0-2) VS CARDINALS (2-0)

LionArkie

Figured might as well start the game day thread. Any thoughts on this?

Personally, I think we are going to get routed again.  I'll probably keep saying this until I see the defense decide to show up.  I'm going with Arizona to win by double digits.  44 -21. I also think we are going to see some players come back and realize they don't make a difference. I think we will see the team look absolutely dejected on the sidelines.

https://www.detroitlions.com/news/lions-at-cardinals-injury-report-sept-25-golladay-vaitai-trufant?fbclid=IwAR2zoxrRBKj2Ya7DLNSE1zHV_h_squHTo2hcAbckGTldjI4wwQtAKYT9gTQ

OUT

Hunter Bryant

DOUBTFUL

Desmond Trufant

QUESTIONABLE

Kenny Golladay

CJ Moore

Hal Vaitai

FULL PRACTICE

Nick Williams

Highly likely that Okudah and Oruwariye are going to be out on their own again. It appears that KG is likely going to be back this week. Will any of this matter? Probably not.

2 minutes ago, LionArkie said:

I'm really interested in seeing how Vaitai turns out.

Hoping that he's able to get out there on the field. We need our guys to get healthy and see what the team can be with their key pieces in place. Is this the team that we've seen the last two weeks or is this the team that people thought could be a dark horse team going into the season? We've had two very very poor showings and a lot of the same issues from last year seem to have stuck around. We could have a different perspective on the team and the season if they are able to steal wins against the Cardinals and Saints. Up against the wall and likely fighting to keep his job, maybe Patricia can pull some magic out of thin air. I wouldn't bet a nickel that the Lions would be sitting 2-2 going into the bye but neither the Cards or Saints are flawless teams.

• Like 1

If Patricia refuses to adapt and continues to run more man to man than any other team in the league, this will be a blood bath. The secondary can't cover Arizona's weapons and a defense with their backs turned to Murray opens up a lot of chunk yardage on the ground for him. 

If Golliday plays, hopefully he can provide a spark for the offense and maybe it'll turn into a shoot out. 

• Like 2