Jump to content
LionArkie

WEEK 2 - LIONS (0-2) VS CARDINALS (2-0)

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

He has missed two from 50+ this year and 58 is tough.  It worked out.  If they missed and AZ has the ball at midfield, game is over.  

Still a poor decision, even if they won despite it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Louis Friend said:

Still a poor decision, even if they won despite it. 

I can’t agree with that at all.  A risky kick and flipping the field is not the right move there, especially when your kicker is likely not as accurate from deep as he used to be.  If they got the offsides, then sure.  But it was the right move.  

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Sllim Pickens said:

I can’t agree with that at all.  A risky kick and flipping the field is not the right move there, especially when your kicker is likely not as accurate from deep as he used to be.  If they got the offsides, then sure.  But it was the right move.  

Especially with how well Fox has been punting. You miss that kick and give that team great field position and a 3 point lead, you're in a tough spot.

Patricia trusted his punter, and his defense, and it paid off.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Our head coach made coaching decisions that helped us win a tough game. If not for the Swift drop, we're sitting at 2-1. Shouldn't we be kinda... happy?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This teams flaming hot garbage in every department and nothing I saw today changed that opinion.  The best qb prospect in nearly 40 years is coming out this year. The type of player that completely changes the fortunes of your franchise.  I’m pretty apathetic about the win considering it will not lead to anything of value and likely be a key piece that ultimately keeps us from having and extraordinary future

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Forcing a pretty good, young QB into a bunch of mistakes and beating a previously unbeaten team did nothing to change your impression?

It's all about winning... until we win. Whatever.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Didn't think they would be able to pull this one out but they did so credit where it is deserved. Nice to see Jesse James actually making an impact after a year plus. As I was watching this game I was wondering how much better they would be defensively if they had at least one good pass rusher.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m not sure if I had a stroke or if the lightning just missed me. 🤠

I have to say that there were lots of mistakes in the game but the Lions won and they did so with some excellent coaching decisions and execution  by the players. It was great to see the offence take control of the teams fortunes on the last drive and not let the Cardinals touch the ball again. 

I thought the defence played much better against both the run and pass. Holding Murray to 29 yards rushing is a great result. 

The win is a great result and it’s nice to see improvement on the sidelines and the field. They have a long way to go but I will take a road win any Sunday. 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Okudah had a really good game as well. Despite his "struggles" (which are completely overblown, in my opinion), it's easy to see the ability: the tackling, coverage, ball skills... and that return was fantastic. Fun to watch.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Okudah had a really good game as well. Despite his "struggles" (which are completely overblown, in my opinion), it's easy to see the ability: the tackling, coverage, ball skills... and that return was fantastic. Fun to watch.

I haven't watched the game yet so this is good to hear.  A rookie cb is more than likely going to suck his first two years. I know the comparison will always be against the anomalies, but there are a few positions that just take time. Cb is one of them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, LionArkie said:

I haven't watched the game yet so this is good to hear.  A rookie cb is more than likely going to suck his first two years. I know the comparison will always be against the anomalies, but there are a few positions that just take time. Cb is one of them.

He definitely allowed some catches and yards, but Hopkins will do that to you. I don't think he's as good at CB as Hopkins is at WR (yet), so Hopkins will undoubtedly win some reps.

You've just got a young man who missed out on a normal off-season, missed some time with a hamstring injury and has started his career against Rodgers-Adams and Murray-Hopkins. The guy is out there fighting, and made some really nice plays against Arizona.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They should keep throwing him in there. Next week Michael Thomas will be back let hum mirror him also. Even if Trufaunt is back. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Lionized said:

They should keep throwing him in there. Next week Michael Thomas will be back let hum mirror him also. Even if Trufaunt is back. 

I agree. The guy is responding well. Keep throwing him in there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...