Week # 3 General Discussion

Blackstar12

It's working right now... against the Eagles... but at some point Burrow's going to need to grow into throwing to more than just the slot and the TE.  If he doesn't work the perimeter better and more consistently, DC's are going to scheme him into some ugly situations where they bait with the slot and a robber makes his life hell.

1 minute ago, The LBC said:

And you were still hyperbolic about it.  Own it.  Move on.  Stop trying to equivocate it.

I don't get your complaint

It was a questionable call, it was not an undeniably bad call. He clearly impeded his ability to run his route to where the ball was thrown. 

Rams received some breaks when it came to questionable calls as well, including one that majorly changed the momentum of the game

I'm unapologetic in pushing back against the "Rams were robbed" narrative. Regardless of any condescension you want to toss my way

Just now, The LBC said:

It's working right now... against the Eagles... but at some point Burrow's going to need to grow into throwing to more than just the slot and the TE.  If he doesn't work the perimeter better and more consistently, DC's are going to scheme him into some ugly situations where they bait with the slot and a robber makes his life hell.

That’s exactly how coaches and DBs think 

8 minutes ago, rocky_rams said:

Honestly, I’m not too worried about it. You don’t win Super Bowls in the early season. 

Dont be discouraged. We came back from a 28-3 deficit. Most importantly, Goff is playing very well and McVay is calling the right plays on offense.  That’s the most encouraging for me. 

As long as we can generate pressure, we’ll be solid. I would be discouraged if we got blown out but this team is mentally tough and our QB is clutch! 

Cant wait til Ashawn Robinson and Terrel Lewis come back. 

One negative was Troy Hills missed tackling and Taylor Rapp being lost in coverage sometime. That needs to get fixed ASAP 

Goff is getting overlooked right now because people hate being wrong about him. He's balling hard. This is the sharpest I've seen him since the first 11 games of 2018. He's really growing as a QB.

4 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Rocky, it was the reverse of what happened against Dallas. We benefited from a blown call to get an INT. And then we were screwed with a bad PI call at the end. It happens. We were all happy to accept the W against Dallas. Now, we have to accept the L.

Point taken but i don’t want to make it seem we got that big comeback based on that one turnover. 

Edited by rocky_rams
  • Like 1

On 9/24/2020 at 5:04 AM, JAF-N72EX said:

1. BAL    2-0
  2. NO    1-1
  3. KC    2-0
  4. PIT    2-0
  5. SEA    2-0
  6. TB    1-1
  7. LAR    2-0
  8. IND    1-1
  9. DAL    1-1
  10. GB    2-0
  11. ATL    0-2

2 minutes ago, JAF-N72EX said:

It's amazing that someone who apparently can't even read even bothers to visit a forum. But it's not surprising either. 

You're obviously just one of these sensitive types who can't admit when they're (very) wrong. It's sad really.

Just admit you're wrong. 

Atlanta - just outside the top 10....

Edited by Hunter2_1

1 minute ago, Tk3 said:

I don't get your complaint

It was a questionable call, it was not an undeniably bad call. He clearly impeded his ability to run his route to where the ball was thrown. 

Rams received some breaks when it came to questionable calls as well, including one that majorly changed the momentum of the game

I'm unapologetic in pushing back against the "Rams were robbed" narrative. Regardless of any condescension you want to toss my way

Go back and read your original post that started all this.  The bold is not what you were doing.  When you make statements like "there's no way you're even in the game" without bad calls is not pushing back against the Rams being robbed narrative.  It's hyperbolic crap that undersells a 29-point swing.

• Like 1