Week # 3 General Discussion

Blackstar12

1 minute ago, jrry32 said:

Goff is getting overlooked right now because people hate being wrong about him. He's balling hard. This is the sharpest I've seen him since the first 11 games of 2018. He's really growing as a QB.

He’s better than 2018 because that was when it was mostly play action and people didn’t know what was coming. Also we used 11 personnel heavy during that time. Goff wasn’t nearly as polished as a drop back passer. 

He’s playing at a higher level now than ever before. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, rocky_rams said:

Point taken but i don’t want to make it seem we got that big comeback based on that one turnover. 

Of course not. It was a 29 point swing. That didn't happen because of one bad call on a drive that was likely to end in a punt anyways. Rams moved the ball at will after the midway point in the 3rd quarter. Whatever McDermott had done to flummox McVay for most of the game, McVay figured it out and just punished Buffalo's defense.

1 minute ago, rocky_rams said:

He’s better than 2018 because that was when it was mostly play action and people didn’t know what was coming. Also we used 11 personnel heavy during that time. Goff wasn’t nearly as polished as a drop back passer. 

He’s playing at a higher level now than ever before. 

I agree. I'm just referring to his sharpness there. His pocket movement today and throws under pressure were beautiful. That Woods TD was insane. That should have been a sack.

4 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

You're obviously just one of these sensitive types who can't admit when they're (very) wrong. It's sad really.

Just admit you're wrong. 

Atlanta - just outside the top 10....

Again, you apparently can't read. Grab a hooked on phonics book the next time your out. 

BTW, those aren't my rankings. They are  FO's DAVE rankings. I posted them because felt obligated to post mine since I started the thread but I haven't had the time to put one together. Plus, overall they looked closer to what I would probably end up with . Even though they don't adjust for opponents, they look at both offense, defense and ST's --which I don't think any of us are qualified enough to judge. 

Edited by JAF-N72EX

9 minutes ago, 43M said:

Steelers havent been that impressive, but Ben is coming off a major injury and playing with several new receiving weapons, and our OLine has had a few injuries.   Our OC is a dolt, too.

Our secondary definitely took a step back.  Not sure whats up there.

And of course, Tomlin is the undisputed king of playing down to lesser teams.

Not saying you guys are bad... you've beaten the teams you're supposed to beat, and that's what good teams do. It's just hard to gauge how good you guys are since you haven't played any real tough teams yet.

• Like 1