Week # 3 General Discussion

Blackstar12

4 hours ago, Ray Reed said:

the cowboys are a historically unprecedented falcons collapse away from being 0-3 and they are still far and away in the drivers seat to win the NFC east this year lmao what a division 

I'll do you one better:

The NFC East is a historically unprecedented Falcons collapse away from having ONE combined win in three weeks, coming from a division game.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, FrantikRam said:

I'll do you one better:

The NFC East is a historically unprecedented Falcons collapse away from having ONE combined win in three weeks, coming from a division game.

In the interest of complete truth and accuracy...the Falcons collapse was not historically unprecedented. Even just for them.

5 hours ago, animaltested said:

BTW, its now 9 STRAIGHT GAMES WITHOUT AN OPPONENT OFFENSIVE HOLDING PENALTY for the Seahawks. Considering the common thread is holding on every play, this seems ridiculous. 

Went to do some digging and didn't take long how do you miss this for example.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, pf9 said:

If I were CBS, I'd threaten to cancel NFL telecasts for the rest of the season unless the NFL committed to adopting college rules next year. These rules were made better in 2019 so it shouldn't be a big deal to adopt college rules.

This is never going to happen, nor should it happen. College rules are a joke. Is it 'exciting'? yes, but that doesnt mean it should be used to determine the outcome of games. 

They shortened it because they dont want guys getting hurt. They dont really care if the game ends in a tie lol literally changes nothing for the NFL as far as viewership. No one is not going to watch OT because the game can tie. No one is going to turn off OT because the game can tie. No one is not going to watch next week because they tied last week. Ties are essentially irrelevant because they dont happen enough to warrant significant changes 

Here is an idea, how about some of these teams go for it on 4th down or actually attempt a game winning FG with 19s left rather than punting??

CBS wouldnt be so foolish as to try and overplay their hand like that. 

Was looking elsewhere on a Giants forum and saw this comment:

Where all the DG truthers at this week?

This SF team has 10 guys on IR and are playing WITHOUT their QB1, RB1, WR1, TE1 and missing their best defensive player. And the giants look inept.

Fire DG and invest in the o-line. Saquon was a bad pick, let’s just admit it FFS

Feels like just yesterday there was a huge chat session regarding Dave Gettleman being the right guy for the job after he flamed out in Carolina. The Giants can actually get the #1 pick. If that happens, would Dave Gettleman (assuming he isn't fired) double down on Daniel Jones and not pick Trevor Lawrence? I'm guessing he'd be fired, but Joe Judge just got hired. You'd be going into the second straight offseason of playing musical chairs with your GM/HC. 

1 hour ago, hburn said:

Absolute dirty play, hope he gets his knees wrecked next week

I don’t know how that’s not a suspension. Dirty stuff like that and you should miss as many games as the guy you purposely hurt. 

Edited by Ketchup
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Was looking elsewhere on a Giants forum and saw this comment:

Feels like just yesterday there was a huge chat session regarding Dave Gettleman being the right guy for the job after he flamed out in Carolina. The Giants can actually get the #1 pick. If that happens, would Dave Gettleman (assuming he isn't fired) double down on Daniel Jones and not pick Trevor Lawrence? I'm guessing he'd be fired, but Joe Judge just got hired. You'd be going into the second straight offseason of playing musical chairs with your GM/HC. 

I think there’s no way Gettleman would admit Jones isn’t working out and was the wrong pick. He’s going to go down with the D Jones ship.