Week 5 GDT: Tennessee Titans(2-2) @ Miami Dolphins(1-2)

TitanLegend

Who wins the game?  

2 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the game?

• Tennessee Titans
    • Matt Cassel
    • All of the above

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/08/2017 at 05:00 PM

Some say Montana/Young is the best QB depth chart of all time. Others might argue Favre/Rodgers. Well, the Tennessee Titans ended all debate on that subject by bringing in Brandon Weeden to form the Cassel/Weeden QB depth chart, striking fear in to the hearts of defensive coordinators across the NFL.

We should really be thankful for Matt Cassel, who is so kind to leave his job as the marketing director of K-Swiss to come be our starting quarterback.

FUN FACT: Matt Cassel is undefeated as starter of the Tennessee Titans.

It feels pretty safe to say the franchise hasn't been in safer hands since Clipboard Jesus was under center.

Matt Cassel exudes class, leadership and excellence in everything he does, but the same can't be said for the guy who will be his counterpart on Sunday, Jay Cutler.

TZtVbkIEQyKInwIs0InGHg.png

jay-cutler-meme.jpg

But never fear, Dolphins fans. We'll welcome you on the Cassel bandwagon. You don't have to be hurt by Jay Cutler anymore.

Prediction for this game is simple:

Tennessee: A lot

Miami: Not as much

6 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Dolphins - 38

Titans - 13

with Cassell starting 

Dolphins - 35

Titans - 24

with Mariota starting 

Dolphins are scoring 8 points a game right now.

I mean Matt Cassel might turn it over enough for the Dolphins to rack up some points, but I doubt they're putting up 30+ on us.

It's fun to pile on the defense after the **** show they put on in Houston but this defense shut down the Jags and Seahawks until going to prevent and really wasn't terrible against Oakland, Carr just got the ball out unnaturally fast so no chance for the pass rush to do anything.

If the defense can stop Russell Wilson when not playing prevent defense I'd hope they can stop Jay Cutler.

53 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

I mean Matt Cassel might turn it over enough for the Dolphins to rack up some points, but I doubt they're putting up 30+ on us.

It's fun to pile on the defense after the **** show they put on in Houston but this defense shut down the Jags and Seahawks until going to prevent and really wasn't terrible against Oakland, Carr just got the ball out unnaturally fast so no chance for the pass rush to do anything.

If the defense can stop Russell Wilson when not playing prevent defense I'd hope they can stop Jay Cutler.

They just got dominated by a rookie QB and a ****ty OL. So yes anyteam could put up points on them with ease. The Jags, Raiders, and Seattle game are irrelevant right now until they put up a decent performance or two.  Even in those games they still weren't great as they failed to finish(prevent excuse or not).

56 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

i cannot reasonably have any expectations for this defense after what they put on the field last week. almost any starting quarterback in the league could have torched us last sunday.

5 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

They just got dominated by a rookie QB and a ****ty OL. So yes anyteam could put up points on them with ease. The Jags, Raiders, and Seattle game are irrelevant right now until they put up a decent performance or two.  Even in those games they still weren't great as they failed to finish(prevent excuse or not).

It's one game. I mean sure we could blow chunks the rest of the season, but I would like to think that the 3 week sample size is more indicative of what the defense is gonna be(which still isn't great but is "good enough" assuming the offense stays solid).

I don't know what our issue is in divisional games(particularly against Houston..while we lose to Indianapolis we usually keep it close. Houston often blows us out for whatever reason).

And prevent isn't an excuse, it's what happened. It's not a failure to finish, it's the defense doing it's job. Let the opposing offense move the ball but while killing clock.

I get it, the team sucked on Sunday, in practically every way imaginable. But 1 game isn't indicative of the entire season, especially when you have a 3 game stretch that tells a different story.

Acting like some offense that scores 8 ppg is gonna turn in to an offensive juggernaut just cause we sucked in a game we've sucked in since 2009 or whatever is a bit of a overreaction.

I don't actually plan on watching. The loss last week was so demoralizing that it is just easier for me to casually check the score than to watch with my hopes up. 

Good teams do not have losses like that. Period. I have no hope left with this team. Any good they're able to do is just prolonging the inevitable truth that everyone knew on January 16th, 2016, but had all hoped to forget.

1 hour ago, TitanSS said:

I don't actually plan on watching. The loss last week was so demoralizing that it is just easier for me to casually check the score than to watch with my hopes up. 

Good teams do not have losses like that. Period. I have no hope left with this team. Any good they're able to do is just prolonging the inevitable truth that everyone knew on January 16th, 2016, but had all hoped to forget.

likely skipping this one as well, tbh. having expectations with this team is an exercise in futility

3 hours ago, TitanSS said:

Good teams do not have losses like that. Period. I have no hope left with this team.

I wonder what caused this myth. Was just a couple seasons ago that the superbowl champion suffered a similar loss in the exact same week of the season. Pats lost 41-14. They were also 2-2. They also had people massively overreacting, wondering if Brady was done, wondering if Belichick was ever going to win another superbowl(he hadn't won one since 2004, speculation at the time was they were only winning so much because their division was always garbage and Brady was keeping them afloat, and now that Brady was "struggling" people thought the entire thing was collapsing in New England)

And if Mariota never gets hurt the final score is no where near as ugly as 57-14 or whatever the hell it was. We were moving the ball at will on our previous two drives with Mariota healthy.

People need to just settle down.

Archived