Week 5 GDT: Tennessee Titans(2-2) @ Miami Dolphins(1-2)

TitanLegend

Who wins the game?  

2 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the game?

• Tennessee Titans
    • Matt Cassel
    • All of the above

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/08/2017 at 05:00 PM

Just now, titans0021 said:

My question is, what's the point? Why lie? Because yes, you're average FF poster will understand he's just lying to the media, but based on interactions on Facebook and Twitter, I'm also aware that the average football IQ on FF is far higher than that of your average Titans/football fan.

But mainly, I don't get the point in lying to the media when it poses no actual benefit. I'm fine with Mularkey lying and being overly generic in the Marcus questions because it's important info that can pose an advantage.

I just don't get it. Say the offense was bad if it was bad. Say it was a total failure against the Texans if it was a total failure. Claiming that terrible is OK only serves to make you look incompetent to your average fan.

And really, I'm not mad. Just confused as to why someone chooses lying over the truth when the truth is obvious and the lie gains you nothing.

I think the whole point here is Robiskie doesn't care what the average fan(or really any fan) thinks. He coaches to try and compete/win games and for his livelihood, he doesn't coach to please us. I honestly highly doubt he's really even thinking when giving his answers to the media. I've watched a few of his "press conferences" and every single one is the same thing, him just giving the same generic answers to the same generic questions over and over. After games where the offense played really well he pretty much says the same thing he said today, the offfense was ok but there's things it can work on. Lather, rinse, repeat. The same boring report we hear from every coach in the league after every game.

I've just never understood anyone who takes much of anything from coach press conferences regarding any aspect outside of injuries(and as Mularkey has proved, his injury reports hardly ever mean much themselves). It's like UT fans who get in an uproar every week over Butch Jones press conference even though he's been saying the same thing in every press conference for the past 5 years.

No one is going to care what Robiskie said if the offense starts doing well, and if doesn't this comment isn't even going to register on the things that make people angry with Robiskie.

Honestly, it's not nearly as big a deal and I'm not nearly as concerned about it as this thread might make it seem. It's just one of those things that seems so pointless to me. You're just lying to the faces of a bunch of guys that are paid to ask you questions when there's really no benefit to it. I'm not heated about it, I just really don't see the pay off that comes from not  telling the truth.

On 10/9/2017 at 10:17 AM, ttitansfan4life said:

There was a lot more than just this that costs us the game but still this is horrible officiating.

I've watched this play probably 200 times now. And I still have no idea how it possibly gets called. I've never seen OPI called on a player that was so far away from the catch.

Archived