Week 5 GDT: Tennessee Titans(2-2) @ Miami Dolphins(1-2)

TitanLegend

Who wins the game?  

2 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the game?

• Tennessee Titans
    • Matt Cassel
    • All of the above

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/08/2017 at 05:00 PM

1 hour ago, Titans fan 617 said:

Mariota can throw without pain but will have to show he can move around to play? Cassell is healthy and can’t move around when he plays I’d still play Marcus with limited mobility. I trust this o-line to stand up for Marcus and help him become a pocket passer on Sun and could still be good enough to win 

For me, the idea isn't that Marcus can't function as a pure pocket passer. My concern is that, when the pressure comes off the edge, the instincts will take over and he'll try to run and aggravate the hamstring..

18 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

For me, the idea isn't that Marcus can't function as a pure pocket passer. My concern is that, when the pressure comes off the edge, the instincts will take over and he'll try to run and aggravate the hamstring..

Noted earlier in the thread Mariota has already had to deal with this once, in college. Strained his MCL in 2013 which completely eliminated his running ability(check his stats prior to the injury then after the injury in terms of running the ball, kinda paints the picture itself. his rushing stayed in the negatives for a few games(worth noting that college does count sacks as rushes, but Mariota always stayed well in the positive when healthy.

He at the very least has shown he knows how to limit himself when his leg is hurt.

Archived