Mass Effect Legendary Edition

Kiltman

21 minutes ago, Spartacus said:

1 hour ago, MikeT14 said:

I'm ignorant on these. What does this mean?

Zelda was completely redone from the ground up. Calling the new Mario a "Remaster" is just straight up lying

Also I believe they actually went through and addressed areas of the game that didn’t work well. For Mass Effect 1 that seems to be mako exploration and combat.

Day 1 buy for me. I played ME2 first, and went back to play 1.... and didn't get very far. The gameplay was horrible compared to 2 and 3, so I understand why they are having issues fixing that lol. 

Any game that gives me a Yvonne Strahovski romance option is a thumbs up

1 hour ago, Lions017 said:

Mass Effect 2 is one of my all-time favorite games, and I love ME1 too, but I'm not sure if I would buy this. What could they even add? The games already look pretty good. 

Big thing would be facial animations and look. They didn’t age tremendously well.

They do that, add new & more detailed textures, Ray tracing for next gen, and add Me3 like combat to ME1... I’m happy.

They're going to make an alternate ending where you can actually win and not die with an extra side mission that gives life a boost, but the side mission actually changes the Andromeda plans and ends that whole mission, so the series can go forward with another trilogy with Shepherd alive. 

That's what's gonna happen or I'll be sad. 

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:

They're going to make an alternate ending where you can actually win and not die with an extra side mission that gives life a boost, but the side mission actually changes the Andromeda plans and ends that whole mission, so the series can go forward with another trilogy with Shepherd alive. 

That would be fantastic. Decanonize Andromeda

Just now, Danger said:

That would be fantastic. Decanonize Andromeda

I was a fan of Andromeda on the first play through, but I just recently played it again and it's not a great game.  I would be thrilled with a sequel to Andromeda, but I'll sacrifice Andromeda for Mass Effect games to continue. 

12 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

I was a fan of Andromeda on the first play through, but I just recently played it again and it's not a great game.  I would be thrilled with a sequel to Andromeda, but I'll sacrifice Andromeda for Mass Effect games to continue. 

That game lost me as soon as one of the followers said in a firefight "he seems pretty mad, maybe it's because I shot him in his face!" 

Weird flex, but ok.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:

IIRC, Andromeda leaves during the events of ME2.  Granted, I don't think very many fans are going to remember that, but enough will.  I just think they will drop the franchise personally.  

As to your other post, I actually really enjoyed my second playthrough.  I found out I really missed not having any DLC to tie up the loose ends.  

1 hour ago, naptownskinsfan said:

IIRC, Andromeda leaves during the events of ME2.  Granted, I don't think very many fans are going to remember that, but enough will.  I just think they will drop the franchise personally.  

As to your other post, I actually really enjoyed my second playthrough.  I found out I really missed not having any DLC to tie up the loose ends.  

Yeah they leave pre-ME3.

I too was in the camp that was fine with things once they extended the ending and all the DLCs were out. The Citadel gave that emotional closure it needed.

I think all the endings could’ve been fleshed out more but your choice shaped the galaxy in major ways. The war against the reapers ended one way or the other, I’d be annoyed if they tried to do more Shepard stuff. I’m fine if they want to expand on stuff in this remastered trilogy. But Shep served his purpose.

I always thought there were two ways to make games that take place in a post ME3 Milky Way.

1) Pick a default ending and go from there. Not a great choice but I get it. Allows them to focus the story. But make is synthesis so I can have a hot Geth girlfriend.

2) Set it hundreds of years in the future. Invest in the tech to have different states of the galaxy depending what you chose in 3 (the turn away everyone dies probably needs to be thrown out). There are some ai based systems that can assist with this. A lot of stuff would converge more or less after like 500 years. Biggest things would be the size of certain alien populations (like if they exist) and probably the look of cities/planets. This also allows me to have a hot Geth GF, even if I have to lug a shutdown one around like one of those guys who have a real doll they bring everywhere.

• Like 1