Mass Effect Legendary Edition

Kiltman

2 hours ago, ET80 said:

Amazon is listing the Release date as 12/31/2021... So it's all placeholder information. I'll hold off. Until tomorrow... probably?

Perhaps I should freeze myself until the actual release date.

BioWare says Spring next year, fueling speculation that it was supposed to be this year and got pushed.

1 hour ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Preordered, regardless of re-doing the combat system in the original game or changing the ending.  

I would love for the ending to happen.  I don't think they have any real excuses not to do that.  However, I do understand there might be some challenges on redoing the combat systems.  

I don’t think we are getting any reworks. New updated high res 4k models for everything, higher frame rate. Next gen features I’m hoping means Raytracing and improved audio systems both of the consoles have. The Normandy and Citadel would be so pretty to look at.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

BioWare says Spring next year, fueling speculation that it was supposed to be this year and got pushed.

It was absolutely supposed to be released for the holiday season - but this was no doubt scuttled due to Covid.

5 minutes ago, ET80 said:

It was absolutely supposed to be released for the holiday season - but this was no doubt scuttled due to Covid.

Would’ve been awesome to start the gen off with a playthrough of the trilogy...now all pretty ray-traced at 4k/60fps with better looking character models. I’ll take spring though.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Would’ve been awesome to start the gen off with a playthrough of the trilogy...now all pretty ray-traced at 4k/60fps with better looking character models. I’ll take spring though.

I hope we see Tali's face (and other Quarians) through the mask. Not a full look at it, but hopefully you can see hints of Alison Brie (how I pictured her to look, not that last second pic they ported in at the last second) underneath the mask.

39 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Not a surprise, given Covid has suspended most of the work being done on SWTOR, and they also had transferred a lot of people a few months before Covid to entirely re-work Anthem.  

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I hope we see Tali's face (and other Quarians) through the mask. Not a full look at it, but hopefully you can see hints of Alison Brie (how I pictured her to look, not that last second pic they ported in at the last second) underneath the mask.

Yeah I like the hint of a face look for her too.

• Like 1

Disappointed that this isn't coming out for Switch. I'm not just not sure if some minor graphics enhancements are enough to get me to spend $60 on this when I can play all of the originals on my Xbox One - and it's not like they look terrible or anything. I guess getting all of the DLC included is nice? I didn't play all of it. 

19 hours ago, Lions017 said:

Disappointed that this isn't coming out for Switch. I'm not just not sure if some minor graphics enhancements are enough to get me to spend $60 on this when I can play all of the originals on my Xbox One - and it's not like they look terrible or anything. I guess getting all of the DLC included is nice? I didn't play all of it. 

They might come out for the Switch + next year.

The ME3 stuff is really good, really helps the game feel more whole.

• 2 months later...

HKXzqXp.png
fl3vlzr.pngvsIroJ4.png

INCLUDED CONTENT

Mass Effect Legendary Edition includes single-player base content for all three titles (Mass Effect, Mass Effect 2 and Mass Effect 3), your favorite story DLC, promo weapons, armors, and packs:

DLC:

Bring Down the Sky
Genesis
Zaeed – The Price of Revenge
Kasumi – Stolen Memory
Lair of the Shadow Broker
Firewalker Pack
Overlord
Normandy Crash Site
Arrival
Genesis 2
From Ashes