Mass Effect Legendary Edition

Kiltman

I see they're still rolling with the, "Your story, your choice," marketing angle in spite of the fact that you don't have any choice on whether or not you can go through 200 billion hours of gameplay only to die no matter what your choices are.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

I see they're still rolling with the, "Your story, your choice," marketing angle in spite of the fact that you don't have any choice on whether or not you can go through 200 billion hours of gameplay only to die no matter what your choices are.

Regardless of how terribly they ended the trilogy....I still cant wait for this.    Admittedly, however.....knowing the endings are so bad cuts my excitement by at least half of what it probably would be otherwise.

8 hours ago, carl_sjunior said:

Anyone know of any sweet pre-order deals?

Don’t think there is any since everything is included. There might be a steelbook or something.

Right now on Xbox rewards you get +6000 if you activate the punchcard and it’s discounted if you have Gamepass Ultimate.

I've never really played this before. I've been kind of keeping up with it and it looks interesting, but I have no clue if I would actually enjoy it or not. I'm really picky with games and I actually don't like most single player games.

Who here is picking this up at launch? Seems like a great way for a new player to enter the series. Roughly how long are each of the games?

39 minutes ago, showtime said:

I've never really played this before. I've been kind of keeping up with it and it looks interesting, but I have no clue if I would actually enjoy it or not. I'm really picky with games and I actually don't like most single player games.

Who here is picking this up at launch? Seems like a great way for a new player to enter the series. Roughly how long are each of the games?

I've played 2&3 probably seven times.  If you do everything, you are looking at 60 hours for each.  I've only played the first one three times, and one was back when it first came out.  Completing the whole game is probably 45-ish, as I remember it is a bit shorter than the others.  

I've got my preorder in for the legendary edition, and will be playing it once I get home from a golf tournament.  

4 hours ago, showtime said:

Definitely the best way to get into it, fixes a lot of issues that would hinder going back to them for someone that doesn't have the nostalgia glasses.

They are RPGs but it's much more about your story and decisions, not a "loot everything" kinda RPG. Think like what the Telltale games did but with 3rd person shooter mechanics (ME1 has floatier combat but they have tweaked it to not be as frustrating). The game is very much about forging relationships along the way of this grand galaxy-wide Sci-Fi story. And your decisions will carry over game to game. Some are just a cosmetic thing, some will mean entirely different people you are seeing, or the fate of characters.

The first one is about as hard as they went with armor min/maxing and the update is toning that down some.
For successful playthroughs a 50 hours to 60 like @naptownskinsfansaid. But it really depends how much side stuff you want to do. You could probably do it in 40 if you really wanted to.

There are side stories and loyalty missions. It's closer to 60 at least with the DLCs 2 and 3 have, which are included. Both games have fairly critical DLC missions that were added like Shadow Broker and The Citadel. If you hit something that's optional and you don't want to do it, you can just skip it. There might be something that happens down the line but it's fun to not do a perfect playthrough all the time. There are plenty of guides out there too that will let you know if it's critical or not in any way.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, showtime said:

@naptownskinsfan@KiltmanI think I'm going to end up getting this and trying it out. I'm just debating on whether I should get it for PC or console. PC would be better for the shooting aspect, but I'm leaning console because I want to play in 4K on my TV.

Hope you like it! 

PC might be good for original ME1 aiming but it’s not too much of a precision shooter. There’s a certain amount of aim assist it’ll give you. Abilities play a big part in the combat.

For back in the day it was real pretty, I’m excited to see it in 4k with the new textures.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Kiltman said:
18 hours ago, showtime said:

@naptownskinsfan@KiltmanI think I'm going to end up getting this and trying it out. I'm just debating on whether I should get it for PC or console. PC would be better for the shooting aspect, but I'm leaning console because I want to play in 4K on my TV.

Hope you like it! 

PC might be good for original ME1 aiming but it’s not too much of a precision shooter. There’s a certain amount of aim assist it’ll give you. Abilities play a big part in the combat.

For back in the day it was real pretty, I’m excited to see it in 4k with the new textures.

Yeah I echo this, not sure if you have played them @showtime but I don't expect the shooting to be much better on PC. 

However I also don't expect this game to be that visually stunning anyway. I will be playing it on PS5 in 4k but I'd take frames anyway.

I just much prefer having the option of playing games either on my monitor or on the couch with my TV, so I default to console

Edited by JBURGE
  • Like 1

Gotta love the New Zealand trick.

ME1 definitely feels more in line visually now. Character models are at a passably good point. Wished we got a little more of a robust character creator and hair options, but it’s good enough.

Overall I wish they’d gone a little harder with a remake and using next gen features. But loving having a new reason to play again.

• Like 1