Mass Effect Legendary Edition

Kiltman

Pumped to play this again. I wish it was on Switch, but I'll be there on day one on my Xbox. I've been itching to play all of these games again, and the added DLC and improvements make it worth waiting.

Probably going to roll with a class I've never tried before - I'm thinking that Sentinel sounds fun. I've done runs as a soldier, adept, and vanguard. 

Edited by Lions017

The other day, someone had a video on YouTube and it said the ending of Mass Effect 3 was being changed.

Turns out, all that meant was that they DLC with the expanded ending was now canon.....even though that end sucked too....just slightly less than the original.

The trilogy in general is excellent and one the of most classic and influential videogame series of games ever....but it will always bother me how the ending tarnished it all.     

On 2/2/2021 at 12:09 PM, Kiltman said:

So happy they are actually putting in the work with ME1.
New UI, better controls, textures and models... on top of going in and updating the lighting and visuals of the locations, just awesome.

This is big for me. I only played a handful of hours of ME1 (played ME2 first, oops). The gameplay on ME1 is just terrible... so I am hoping they are able to adjust the combat to be a little more similar to the sequels, or at least make it playable as anything other than a soldier. 

20 hours ago, sjfja_fkdldjs said:

Is it wrong to miss the ME1 gameplay lol. I put a lot of time mastering the jank and am going to miss it lol. Half joke aside. I'm not sure I'm going to splurge on this. I really like the idea of having a remasted ME trilogy, but I've played the games so many times... 

there was a certain labor of love for it, I’m good not doing it again though ha.

I’m curious if I’ll feel the same with ME2 when I get to it. 

On 2/12/2021 at 4:03 AM, sjfja_fkdldjs said:

Is it wrong to miss the ME1 gameplay lol. I put a lot of time mastering the jank and am going to miss it lol. Half joke aside. I'm not sure I'm going to splurge on this. I really like the idea of having a remasted ME trilogy, but I've played the games so many times... 

I never thought it was that bad, until I went through it for the second time after 7 years.  I did a couple playthroughs just 2&3 before getting it on the PC to be able to play through it all again. 

At this point, even though this is EA we are talking about, I'm buying it just to show them there is still a want and desire for this franchise.  While a new game might be in development, the amount of resources it gets can be increased (or decreased) by the showing from the remastered game.  

I'm mildly disappointed that we aren't getting the Pinnacle Station DLC.  Apparently their source file is corrupted, and that is the one thing I haven't played.  I'm sure it's not that great, but I'd still like to play it at one point 

9 hours ago, Danger said:

It's bad. If those screenshots are what's there. Then there are some where I swear the picture on the left looks better and some where the picture on the right looks better.

One of the major criticisms I've read already is how it appears they took the "grit" out of the graphics of the first game.  I'll have to see if I can find the article, because me trying to describe it can't do it justice, but I definitely agreed with the author by the end of it.  

• 4 weeks later...
10 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

Just saw on Xbox store this release date is May 14, 2021.  Seems a bit rushed doesn't it?  

It was supposed to come out / be announced on N7 day last year. But COVID.

They were working on it for awhile. Was one of the work kept secrets. 

• Like 2