Top QBs under 30

D82

Top NFL QBs Under 30  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Pick one

You're starting a franchise and need a young signal caller to lead your team to greatness. Which of the following do you select?

• Tyrod Taylor
  • Cam Newton
  • Mike Glennon
  • Andy Dalton
  • Brock Osweiler 
  • Dak Prescott
  • Trevor Siemian
  • Matthew Stafford
  • Tom Savage
  • Andrew Luck
  • Blake Bortles
  • Jared Goff
  • Ryan Tannehill
  • Sam Bradford
  • Derek Carr
  • Carson Wentz
  • Russell Wilson
  • Jameis Winston
  • Marcus Mariota
  • Kirk Cousins 

Just now, domepatrol91 said:

Yeah it's gotta be Carr or Wilson IMO

I don't think Luck would be too much of a stretch, although admittedly I've never been as big on him as others have. 

24 minutes ago, domepatrol91 said:
25 minutes ago, thelawoffices said:

Gimme Carr. Yes, I'm a homer, but I don't think it's an unreasonable selection either. 

Yeah it's gotta be Carr or Wilson IMO

I'm actually going Cam. His downside is bigger than the first two, but when he's on - he's arguably one of the most dangerous people on the field.

Just now, EliteTexan80 said:

I'm actually going Cam. His downside is bigger than the first two, but when he's on - he's arguably one of the most dangerous people on the field.

Yeah, I think I'd need a few games in 2017 to look like 2015 Cam before I gave him the nod. Prime Cam better than almost anyone in the league.

Immediately saw the thread and locked in on Stafford. If I could take my vote back I would and I'd go with Wilson. But it would only be a slim margin, and probably will change if Stafford puts up another MVP year like previously.

In order I would go

1. Wilson
  2. Stafford
  3. Newton
  4. Carr
  5. Luck

Carr is easily moving up fast. But I'm hesitant to put him top three/over Newton given what we've seen from Newton prior to this previous year. Stafford apparently isn't getting much love, but the guy is the next Drew Brees in my opinion. Always outshined by a few QB's better than him. But has the volume and efficiency to cement himself as one of the all time greats.

I went with Stafford. Honestly I feel like having Megatron was holding him back as a complete QB. Stafford looked better last year (prior to hurting his finger) than he has ever looked and that includes his 5k/40td year. I think Stafford has really started to his stride and I don't see him slowing down.

Yes I'm a homer and maybe it's wishful thinking.

3 hours ago, Raves said:

I think there are really only 3 real options.  Derek Carr, Jameis Winston, or Cam Newton.

Strongly disagree. I don't think Winston (or Mariota for that matter) have any real place at the top of this list. I think you've got Wilson, Carr and Cam as your top options IMO. After those three you run into a cluster of Luck, Stafford, Winston and Mariota. Though I think both Winston and Mariota have not proven nearly enough to be in that top five at this point in their careers. Only reason Cousins doesn't get mentioned is because in a poll about who you start your franchise with, he's simply not shown to be a true top-tier guy in the realm of Wilson, Carr or Cam and he doesn't have the same ceiling (I know some can argue this) as Mariota and Winston.

Edit: As I think about it, Prescott probably deserves to be in that second-tier with the other very talented, but not yet proven enough young QBs like Mariota and Winston.

It's Wilson and it's a rather sizable gap between him and the next group. Luck, Stafford and Carr are fine but they're not nearly as good as Wilson. Cam is far too inconsistent to be considered. Mariota, Winston and Prescott not nearly proven enough. Wilson is in that Ben and Rivers grouping, just below the elite(Brady, Rodgers, Brees) tier. Luck, Stafford and Carr aren't close to that tier.

I think Wilson is good but more a product of his system than pure ability.  He would still be good on other teams, but I think he benefits a bit playing in Seattle, much like I feel Brady does in NE but I still see Brady as more of the typical QB.  I think Carr and Winston have both shown that they have the tools and skillset to be the prototypical QB that can be thrown into any team with an NFL system and do well and with Cam I think although he's not the typical QB, the fact that he's mobile can help make-up for some deficiencies in the OL and still be successful.

1 hour ago, Raves said:

I think Wilson is good but more a product of his system than pure ability.  He would still be good on other teams, but I think he benefits a bit playing in Seattle, much like I feel Brady does in NE but I still see Brady as more of the typical QB.  I think Carr and Winston have both shown that they have the tools and skillset to be the prototypical QB that can be thrown into any team with an NFL system and do well and with Cam I think although he's not the typical QB, the fact that he's mobile can help make-up for some deficiencies in the OL and still be successful.

I think this is an unfair judgment as Wilson has always been consistently great with an ever changing offense. Also unlike Brady we haven't seen another QB come in an put up efficient numbers in Carrols system.

Also raiting someone over another because they're "typical" shouldn't strengthen your argument. Both Carr and Winston also play under certain systems and might take time adjusting to teams like the Packers/Colts/etc system.

Wilson obviously would take the same time. But your grossly overestimating is run usage. He uses his legs if need be. But first and foremost he is an incredibly efficient passer. Who uses his speed to evade defenders. And if all else fails, then he runs to try and move the chains.

Much like Rodgers, only Rodgers isn't clamored as an athletic QB for outdated reasons.

Archived