Top QBs under 30

D82

Top NFL QBs Under 30  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Pick one

At this point, I think it has to be Carr. He's the right mix of proven and potential for that particular list. Mariota or Winston might become better in time, but they're a year behind Carr in development right now, so we haven't seen enough. Wilson, Newton, or Luck could wind up with better careers, but we've seen their highs and their lows, at this point. Carr is kind of in a sweet spot there.

On 7/25/2017 at 2:18 AM, Jakuvious said:

At this point, I think it has to be Carr. He's the right mix of proven and potential for that particular list. Mariota or Winston might become better in time, but they're a year behind Carr in development right now, so we haven't seen enough. Wilson, Newton, or Luck could wind up with better careers, but we've seen their highs and their lows, at this point. Carr is kind of in a sweet spot there.

God dammit let me hate your team in peace! Chiefs fans and broncos fans on this site are too nice/cool for their own doing, it causes conflicted emotions for me.

As far as this poll, there are a few things to keep in mind.

1.Youth

2."Upside"

Carr definitely has the youth. And his "best" play is up there with anyone on this list except maybe Cam. That being said, I think any of Cam, Wilson, or Carr is a good answer. Depends how much you think 2/3 years of youth is worth. I also think because Carr makes most of his plays in the pocket, it'll be sustainable for longer, although this takes nothing away from Cam and Wilson, as it'll be interesting to see how they'd play with better OL's.

Luck has a serious shoulder problem and who knows what it could do to his career. I'm taking a firm pass regarding Luck at the moment.

Anyone saying "it's not close" is crazy. Its pretty close.

5 hours ago, GSUeagles14 said:

Its should be really, really easy not to pick him. DOesnt even rnk top 5 off this list.

He wouldn't be my pick right now. My point was, based on what he was able to do last year - I can see him being in the conversation eventually. 

The post you quoted, I think it's unfair to knock Dak just because he has a great offensive line and a back like Zeke. It's the same argument that's been used against Irvin, Aikman, Smith for years. You can't fault players for falling into great situations. 

On 7/21/2017 at 11:10 PM, Desperado82 said:

Yeah...he's never really had a great offensive line or receiving corps yet has managed to make it work. 

Never had a GREAT receiving corps, but you can tell that they've gotten a lot more talented as the years have progressed. Jimmy Graham and Doug Baldwin as a team's top 2 options is not bad at all. Lockett is also a pretty good player. I wouldn't be surprised if the Hawks had a top 10 pass catching group this year.

1 hour ago, Desperado82 said:

He wouldn't be my pick right now. My point was, based on what he was able to do last year - I can see him being in the conversation eventually. 

The post you quoted, I think it's unfair to knock Dak just because he has a great offensive line and a back like Zeke. It's the same argument that's been used against Irvin, Aikman, Smith for years. You can't fault players for falling into great situations. 

People knock Carr for the same thing. You have to evaluate the plays they make within the system their in. That's all you can do. Dak is probably outside the top 5 for me as well, but only because of how many good qb's are under 30. He'll definitely be in the conversation next year based on what he did this year. People are still underrating how little he turned the ball over. Its very important, especially when you have guys constantly turning the ball over, resulting in losses.

If it makes you feel any better, Wentz is easily bottom 10 on this list for me.

The only guys I'd take Wentz over:

Bortles, Glennon, Goff, Siemian, Savage, and Osweiler.

Very tough question. I went with Andrew Luck - a tough call over Carr, Wilson, Newton, Mariotta (in that order for me). 

I still think Luck has the best pure quarterback skills of anyone on the list, and that goes a long way for me. What he doesn't have is an offensive line. That has really forced some awful play, whereas even with an average line - his play would be back to the top of the list. But I think one can make an argument for about 10 of the above guys. 

On 8/1/2017 at 5:56 PM, y2lamanaki said:

Very tough question. I went with Andrew Luck - a tough call over Carr, Wilson, Newton, Mariotta (in that order for me). 

I still think Luck has the best pure quarterback skills of anyone on the list, and that goes a long way for me. What he doesn't have is an offensive line. That has really forced some awful play, whereas even with an average line - his play would be back to the top of the list. But I think one can make an argument for about 10 of the above guys. 

This.

Carr due to the best combination of both age and ability, but in terms of overall ability:

1. Luck

2. Wilson

3. Carr

4. Newton

5. Stafford

6. Prescott

7. Cousins

8. Dalton

9. Tannehill

10. Bradford

11. Taylor

12. Winston