Top QBs under 30

D82

Top NFL QBs Under 30  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Pick one

The fact that Russell Wilson isn't dominating this poll(and the fact that he's losing by a gigantic amount to Carr) is quite possibly the weirdest/most questionable thing I've ever seen on this forum. Wilson is more accurate, more efficient, a better runner, does just as much if not more than Carr(and everyone else on this list, only pointing out Carr because Carr is far ahead in votes) with far less than what Carr has, has been a very solid playoff performer, and does all this behind unquestionably the worst offensive line in football over the past 4ish years.

This is dumbfounding quite honestly. Wilson borders on being elite. No one else on this list even sniffs that.

Even if you believe for some reason Carr belongs in that discussion after his season last year, Wilson has consistently performed at that level. Not just a single season.

3 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

The fact that Russell Wilson isn't dominating this poll(and the fact that he's losing by a gigantic amount to Carr) is quite possibly the weirdest/most questionable thing I've ever seen on this forum. Wilson is more accurate, more efficient, a better runner, does just as much if not more than Carr(and everyone else on this list, only pointing out Carr because Carr is far ahead in votes) with far less than what Carr has, has been a very solid playoff performer, and does all this behind unquestionably the worst offensive line in football over the past 4ish years.

This is dumbfounding quite honestly. Wilson borders on being elite. No one else on this list even sniffs that.

It's a good argument. Production (stats) counts for a great deal in these chambers, but looking deeper and more objectively (like you have) would tend to reep different perspectives. 

Just now, Hunter2_1 said:

It's a good argument. Production (stats) counts for a great deal in these chambers, but looking deeper and more objectively (like you have) would tend to reep different perspectives. 

Goes to show how much of an impact the media has on the general fan. Just because the media stupidly and wrongly puts guys like Carr and Luck(and even MAriota and Winston, for an even dumber perspective) in the "elite" or "close to" category(It's truly sad how devalued the word elite is in the NFL), the fans seem to believe it too, when neither Carr or Luck have done anything to belong in that discussion.

Maybe it's something to do with the fact that the "golden age" for QBs is seeming to die off. Manning is gone, Brady probably isn't too far from retirement, Brees in the same boat, Rodgers is getting older, so the NFL and media are rushing to try and make every QB that is even remotely decent to be the next guy in line to get fitted for his HoF jacket, when the reality is none of them have even scratched being on that level. The only guy on this list that has even come close to those 4 is losing by over 20 votes.

O96Jj.gif

4 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

Goes to show how much of an impact the media has on the general fan. Just because the media stupidly and wrongly puts guys like Carr and Luck(and even MAriota and Winston, for an even dumber perspective) in the "elite" or "close to" category(It's truly sad how devalued the word elite is in the NFL), the fans seem to believe it too, when neither Carr or Luck have done anything to belong in that discussion.

Maybe it's something to do with the fact that the "golden age" for QBs is seeming to die off. Manning is gone, Brady probably isn't too far from retirement, Brees in the same boat, Rodgers is getting older, so the NFL and media are rushing to try and make every QB that is even remotely decent to be the next guy in line to get fitted for his HoF jacket, when the reality is none of them have even scratched being on that level. The only guy on this list that has even come close to those 4 is losing by over 20 votes.

O96Jj.gif

Agreed, and the media drive me crazy. Once they get a narrative and start pedalling, it sweeps the entire nation.

Having said that, I voted Luck. But I too looked deeper;

Stats showed, last year, that despite having shoulder injury, he was ranked 6th best QB in league when he had 2.5+ secs to throw. Sounds cherry picked, but he too has a disgusting OL, and it hurts his production. TD to INT ratio improved dramatically, too.

Wilson, on second thought, should probably win this though.

7 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Love the new feature of being able to see who voted for who. Mariota voted for by...Titanfan1, Titanfan 2....

;)

It really bums me out that I can no longer make a rational post while voting for the first Titans player I see in a poll.

4 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Agreed, and the media drive me crazy. Once they get a narrative and start pedalling, it sweeps the entire nation.

Having said that, I voted Luck. But I too looked deeper;

Stats showed, last year, that despite having shoulder injury, he was ranked 6th best QB in league when he had 2.5+ secs to throw. Sounds cherry picked, but he too has a disgusting OL, and it hurts his production. TD to INT ratio improved dramatically, too.

Wilson, on second thought, should probably win this though.

Luck had a nice season last year but what separates Wilson from him is Wilson has consistently performed at a top level, that was Luck's first season playing at that level.

4 hours ago, TitanLegend said:

Luck had a nice season last year but what separates Wilson from him is Wilson has consistently performed at a top level, that was Luck's first season playing at that level.

Where were you in 2014 when Luck lead the league in TDs?

16 hours ago, TitanLegend said:

See...this is an example of Wilson being overrated.   He has NOT consistently performed at a TOP level.     And while I do think he has shown more consistency than Luck, Luck has shown the ability to play at just as high of a level.   Both have yet to show the ability to sustain a top 5 level of play, though.

EDIT:  Not trying to call you out or anything.     I just think the "top level" thing is a bit much when regards to Wilson, when he hasnt consistently played at that level. 

Had to go with my main man Dangeruss with the Ring. 

BUT, considering the question, I could understand the rationale behind Carr. Wilson took an insane amount of punishment in 2016, and I'm sure that year will linger with RW going forward. If you were picking for now and into the long term, with Carr you get a younger, model with less miles and damage. 

Archived