ARob's Contract Extenion......

soulman

On 9/26/2020 at 8:19 AM, dll2000 said:

Let’s not forget that many fans roasted Pace over not giving Cam Meredith a big deal.

No. We roasted him for not giving Meredith "a" deal. And we didn't know the extent of his injury.

4 hours ago, dll2000 said:

He was tagged.   Saints made an offer and Bears didn’t match.  People were mad Pace didn’t match.  They also thought he should have been tagged with 2nd rounder.    

If Bears had done that they may have been left holding bag.  Likely.  

They would have been left holding the bag. But it would have been a very small bag.

Let's not take a side trip into silly town. 

13 hours ago, Heinz D. said:

No. We roasted him for not giving Meredith "a" deal. And we didn't know the extent of his injury.

They would have been left holding the bag. But it would have been a very small bag.

Let's not take a side trip into silly town. 

Pace is cautious about injured players, think getting burned on White made him so.  I think that's the reason he passed on Watson 

• Like 1

On 10/11/2020 at 8:20 AM, RunningVaccs said:

Pace is cautious about injured players, think getting burned on White made him so.  I think that's the reason he passed on Watson 

I don't know about that. If that were the case then Pace would've never signed Arob in the first place who has coming off a year he missed for a ACL. 

There is obviously something going on in the background about his contract that we don't know about yet.

3 hours ago, JAF-N72EX said:

I don't know about that. If that were the case then Pace would've never signed Arob in the first place who has coming off a year he missed for a ACL. 

There is obviously something going on in the background about his contract that we don't know about yet.

Hmm. Obvious good point. Although to be fair, Robinson turned out OK, Merideth didn't. As for Watson, well, Trubisky. 

• 4 weeks later...

Not to much read into from this but I'm sure we're all thinking the same thing. 

I think it might be safe to say that Arob doesn't wanna be here anymore and I can't blame him. What Moose said years ago is 100% true.

It's a shame. The brass had a chance to extend him and be a pillar for the next QB but because they didn't, we may now lose him. Even if they did try to offer him a contract now, I'm not sure he would take it and I can't blame him one bit.

I like ARob but as it is he is not even being utilized or helping this team win games...which is really no fault of his own but for as good of a player that he is ..at the end of the day he doesn't really make a difference for a struggling offense.

What's the point of re-signing him to a big extension if our offense is going to continue to look like this next year? Which it probably will if Nagy is still here. Plus the Bears are going to be hard pressed against the cap and need a ton of new pieces on the OL.

This is why I said Bears should have traded him at the deadline for something..

Anyway I have already resigned myself to the strong possibility that this is his last year with Bears and if he walks at worst they will get a 3rd compensatory back for him in 2022. 

Let's just hope he doesn't sign with the Packers because would be a tough pill to swallow.

• Like 1