NCAAF Week 4 Prospect Talk

rackcs

Getting in a little late for some of the noon games but I thought a thread like this would be cool so that people who are watching guys live can talk about what they're seeing. Like a live scouting session basically. Currently flipping between Ole Miss vs Florida and Auburn vs Kentucky. I'm a big Seth Williams fan so hoping to see more consistency out of him today. Who is everyone else watching?

Kyle Pitts is looking great for Florida. A couple of really nice catches on this last drive here. Really nice body control, adjusting to the catch. Trask with some nice ball placement out there too. Trask I think could be a nice career backup type. Not sure he has the tools to be a consistent starter but he plays well.

Edited by rackcs

26 minutes ago, rackcs said:

Kyle Pitts is looking great for Florida. A couple of really nice catches on this last drive here. Really nice body control, adjusting to the catch. Trask with some nice ball placement out there too. Trask I think could be a nice career backup type. Not sure he has the tools to be a consistent starter but he plays well.

Kyle Pitts is a monster. Easy first round talent. He's what people have wanted Jared Cook to be. Trask is looking like a good Day 2 pick.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Kyle Pitts is a monster. Easy first round talent. He's what people have wanted Jared Cook to be. Trask is looking like a good Day 2 pick.

Agreed on both counts. I've noticed that Pitts has been lining up at WR a bit this game. Shows some nice versatility too and how you can move him around and do different things with him.

• Like 1

Seth Williams having himself a day here too. Really nice catch just now over a defender on an underthrown ball. He was pretty inconsistent last year but the talent was so, so evident. He's one of "my" guys this class so I'm glad to see him having a big day. 

Have only occasionally been popping into the LSU-Mississippi State game but nice to see Kylin Hill being used as a receiver. Always good for a RB to prove their ability to be used in the passing game so it doesn't have to be a projection.

Looking not so great in pass protection though

Edited by rackcs

How much does Costello improve his stock of he maintains a similar pace to today?

His passes looked pretty good. Fumbles were ugly. It's Mike Leach's system. Stats were obscene. 

My guess is he solidifies himself as a 2nd rounder that can squeak into the back end of the first if someone really wants him and the top 3 QBs are gone. 

Thoughts?

Not sure I will do all that I normally do, I mean what is the point to put forth all that effort, so might keep most of it to myself will see.

I agree though Trask looks like a 2nd round pick possibly if he keeps playing this well, great leader, puts the ball where it needs to go, is big, can run and move in the pocket, he has a great future and has been on the climb as a prospect no doubt.  Pitts was amazing obviously as well but was against Ole Miss who clearly cannot stop anyone defensively.

Kadarius Toney is a stud, finally healthy and he looks like a hell of a weapon, has big time potential to make big plays could be a 2nd or 3rd rounder if he keeps playing this well.  Bubba Bolden looks legit on Miami FL, love how aggressive he has played good in coverage, great range and playing with great passion, sure Ed Reed has been in his ear and has helped in his improvement.  Phillips on Miami FL has impressed the first few games as well after struggling a little on UCLA, he really has improve his hand usage and power it seems.  Agree McPherson could be the best kicker in the country, love his mechanics and how he kicks.  Richard LeCounte could be rising, great ball hawk and could end up late 1st round maybe but there are a ton of very good safeties potentially in the draft.  

Matt Corral really impressed me, has a live arm and is a good athlete, sucks Plumlee is on the bench now though, he should transfer since they are not a QB run team anymore.  Elijah Moore looks like he could be a 1st or 2nd round pick, amazing athlete and is so damn quick, could be a huge weapon in the NFL and be wildly productive.  And Osirus Mitchell put himself on that map with that game, super impressive for a big body WR but that LSU secondary was missing a ton though so will see how they look against experienced DBs later in the year.